The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Is there any question about Islam being a better MMA fighter than Khabib? Khabib was more dominant in his style but Islam may be the most complete fighter we've ever seen. 

That was a pretty damn good fight. Islam showed some toughness and perseverance. Dustin is a hell of a fighter and if that is his career, I have enjoyed watching (almost) all 50 of his UFC fights.

10 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Conor is the only one who can save us. 

The guy with one win in the last 7 years (over a guy who hasn't won a fight in 5 years) is your last hope? Ouch. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Is there any question about Islam being a better MMA fighter than Khabib? Khabib was more dominant in his style but Islam may be the most complete fighter we've ever seen. 

I mean, Islam is the protege of both Khabib and Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. He had to put in the work and put it all together, but he definitely had some of the best coaching anyone could ever ask for.

I don't think there is any question that Islam's striking is significantly better than Khabib's ever was. That alone probably makes him more complete than Khabib was.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I mean, Islam is the protege of both Khabib and Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. He had to put in the work and put it all together, but he definitely had some of the best coaching anyone could ever ask for.

I don't think there is any question that Islam's striking is significantly better than Khabib's ever was. That alone probably makes him more complete than Khabib was.

Iron sharpens iron. Who's to say that Islam didn't make Khabib just as good as Khabib made Islam? They've been training partners from the jump IIRC. Obviously a question that can't really be answered but Islam is a god damn horse at 155. He's bigger than Khabib, stronger and more powerful as a result. Khabib is a more explosive and natural athlete but Islam is a juggernaut for 155. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

That judge that said it was 4-1 for Costa needs to never be allowed to judge again. That was clearly 4-1 if not 5-0 for Strickland. Costa was running the whole time.

Yep, it’s simply not ok for a judge to be that incompetent 

• Like 1

Dana went really hard about Islam not being P4P #1 in the post presser. I understand his logic but it was kind of in bad taste. Like why go out of your way to talk down your streaking champion that just turned in a somewhat card saving performance? Part of me thinks his mind just flipped to salesman mode once again and he's obviously been upset about people not liking this Jones-Stipe matchup.  

26 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Dana went really hard about Islam not being P4P #1 in the post presser. I understand his logic but it was kind of in bad taste. Like why go out of your way to talk down your streaking champion that just turned in a somewhat card saving performance? Part of me thinks his mind just flipped to salesman mode once again and he's obviously been upset about people not liking this Jones-Stipe matchup.  

Yeah that was weird. Why **** on him like that 

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Such a waste of a title shot 

Arent you the guy that hates on Islam for not being an active champ? Even though thats not true?

It had been 8 months since he last fought? Who were they going to put in there?

Olives and Gaethje just lost

Armen turned it down

Conor and Chandler are booked

Max is the only good option for Ilia now

Gamrot? Lol ok

So you cant give Islam crap for being inactive and then be upset this is the only legitimate option 

• Like 1