The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

6 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I disagree completely and I come from a wrestling background.

This isn’t wrestling, it’s MMA. If you do zero damage and your opponent pops right back up, that does absolutely nothing for you winning that fight. Hell most of those shots from JJ were desperation shots.

My biggest gripe isn’t that JJ won, even though I think he lost, its that some ref gave him 4-1, and even JJ said himself he thinks the TDs are what won him the fight. I think if that’s true, it’s absolutely awful for the sport.

Agreed. The wrestling stuff should be counted like strikes. If you throw 100 strikes and miss 99 of them, the other guy clearly is doing something right whereas if you shoot for 10 TDs and only get 1, the other guy has to be doing something right there too and should be rewarded far more for stopping 9 shots as opposed to giving up 1

6 hours ago, mse326 said:

You can see in a previous post I value the body and leg shots more than the numbers do.. Visually to me it actually looked like he missed a lot of the real heavy stikes he took. He threw more and while I know what the stats say I don't think it is at all unreasonable to say they don't accurately quantify what happened.

Jones also controlled the center of the octagon pretty much the whole fight.

Thats the part that doesnt have me thinking this was as horrible a decision as other title fights. As long as that is part of the scoring(which I'm not sure it should be but it is) he definitely did that

6 hours ago, mse326 said:

So because I value body and leg strikes more than the people who decide subjectively whether something is significant there is a problem? I'm not saying they are as impactful as head shots but I do they are underrated.

They definitely are underrated, same goes for body shots. They wear on you as the fight goes on for sure. But everyone loves a headhunter

8 hours ago, mse326 said:

A significant strike is a component of total strikes. They undercount the significant part, imo.

Still haven't said how I've made something up. Believing that there are leg and body strikes that should count as significant that are not counted as such is actually a pretty common belief. Also haven't said how opinion is a problem in a sport judged based on a opinion.

I'm done.

?????

ive said about 5 times how youve made something up. you thought something up in your head and have provided nothing to support it. just that its what you think. 

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

And its your job to stop the TD as well. So if he is 1 for 7 on TDs, is that better than being 6 for 7 in TDD?

Yes because its much harder to take a human down. Its the hardest thing in MMA to do. Take downs have always scored big in the UFC

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)