The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol no update on McGregor-Chandler aka Dana doesn't have the sack to tell Conor to stop juicing. Seriously, dude's head size has almost doubled since the Roadhouse remake announcement. 

I have so much $ tied up in the result of the fight since Chandler was the last leg of 8 leg UFC parlay:

Bones v Gane, Max v Allen, Izzy v Pereira, Merab v Yan, Volkov v Romanov, Gamrot v Turner, Garbrandt v Jones. $10 free bet to win $956. Bought back Conor some to guarantee a profit. Just need the fight to happen or void the hedge and the fight leg so I can get my $ lol

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

UFC posted the KO for the ME of the PPV... Have they ever done that?

Nope, but they uploaded the whole fight to youtube too. Dana knows he's got his new superstar with Suga and is going to milk it for all it's worth. Just watch him put the belt on him lol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Have you ever heard of Topuria?...

No I don’t follow the sport all that much.  

Who is he?  Can he potentially fight Volk next?   If so then who’s after than at featherweight?

My statement doesn’t just skip Topuria.  But would have made featherweight more interesting as a whole. 

(sarcasm fyi, I just meant making the divisions more interesting as a whole)

Edited by Squanchy

15 hours ago, JonStark said:

Nope, but they uploaded the whole fight to youtube too. Dana knows he's got his new superstar with Suga and is going to milk it for all it's worth. Just watch him put the belt on him lol 

Which is smart....

MMA as a sport doesn't produce a lot of stars, so it's important to go all out when the opportunity is there- "A rising tide lifts all boats".  Embracing new marketing tactics or breaking with tradition to foster growth is something that should be encouraged. Potential superstars don't come around often and the waves they create bring all sorts of benefits to the fans, company, and other fighters.

How many true 'superstars' has the UFC even housed all time? Liddell, A. Silva, GSP, Lesnar, Jones, Rousey, McGregor, Khabib, Na. Diaz?... That's less than 10.  Some only lasted a couple years, some had trouble out of the cage, some couldn't speak English, etc etc. It's a brutal sport that doesn't really offer any long term way of 'protecting' stardom, so maximizing when the opportunity is there is paramount.