2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

24 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And Dak is going to take half of that and their top CB and WR are free agents this year also, on top of who all else they have to pay. That cap will be gone instantly. They also have young players due for contracts soon.

That 15m would look really nice for them.

& they still have draft capital you can replace a Corner draft another WR mike Gallop showed promise this year 

25 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And Dak is going to take half of that and their top CB and WR are free agents this year also, on top of who all else they have to pay. That cap will be gone instantly. They also have young players due for contracts soon.

That 15m would look really nice for them.

Don't think $15 would be enough to keep both the WR and CB anyway. they'd have to choose. And with this being maybe the best WR draft in years I'd take that risk. 

Also with a great pass rush, the CBs can be a lesser in talent. So i could go a little cheaper there, especially since I can't think of their top CB off the top of the dome.  (Edit: Looked it up Byron Jones). Just looking at names, the FA CB market is better stocked than the RB market.

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Don't think $15 would be enough to keep both the WR and CB anyway. they'd have to choose. And with this being maybe the best WR draft in years I'd take that risk. 

Also with a great pass rush, the CBs can be a lesser in talent. So i could go a little cheaper there, especially since I can't think of their top CB off the top of the dome.  (Edit: Looked it up Byron Jones). Just looking at names, the FA CB market is better stocked than the RB market.

If I have to choose between paying a good CB or WR 15m or paying a good RB 15m, it's a no brainier. 

You all are trying to hard to make it look like paying Zeke over one of those players is a good decision, because it's just plain not. Running game success is tied much more closely with the OL than the RB.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Say they're both getting $13.5/14 mil a year. Would you rather have Derrick Henry or Matt Judon?

If Judon gets us 9.5 sacks and consistent pressure, it's a no-brainer in favor of Judon. 

I don't know if Judon is going to be that player every year. I don't watch the Ravens so literally all I have to go off of is the box score.

But anyone saying they'd choose a slightly better running game over a much improved pass rush is amusing.

Edited by TitanSS

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

If Judon gets us 9.5 sacks and consistent pressure, it's a no-brainer in favor of Judon. 

I don't know if Judon is going to be that player every year. I don't watch the Ravens so literally all I have to go off of is the box score.

But anyone saying they'd choose a slightly better running game over a much improved pass rush is amusing.

Judon isn’t some elite pass-rusher who will dramatically improve the pass-rush? Would he improve it? Yes but his impact on this team wouldn’t be higher than Henry’s. I’d love Judon don’t get me wrong but I’m taking Henry and that contract because no way Judon signs for any less than ZaDarius Smith did last year.

I am so torn. I do not want to see Henry go. Do you feel people will be willing to pay him? Does his inability to catch factor in how much he can get? I think you try to get Henry cheaper than tag him. Can we tag both Henry and Conklin? That would be my move. Tannehill would be dumb to leave, it’s a perfect situation for him, I feel we should try to get him cheaper.

28 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Guy called in on midday 180 and said to resign Henry 4yr 35mil. I lol’d.... A lot of idiots out there that have no clue about football and contracts. I’m no expert but In no world is Henry signing a contract less than 9m a year.

I listen to that show daily during football season because Hutton is a smart guy, PK has good inside and when Withrow isn’t forcing UT into every sentence or comparison he’s pretty good but ya the callers are awful and clueless to football

This is a crazy convo. Henry is our star. Gotta bring him back. 

Logan is probs gone. Conk might be gone. 

Idk if Tanny is our guy. Almost reminds me of Kerry Collins. Can make a few plays but we have to have a monster run game. So if he wants to stay it needs to be cheep. But man there are so many other options this year. Brady Brees Rivers would be are "All in type" maybe draft a guy behind them or go with someone like Teddy or Cam idk. With Corey AJ Adam as our core three and sharpe and MY BOY ONE FOUR. We have weapons. 

Pass rusher is huge and I dont want a rookie. Gonna need a speedy corner

EHHHH I hate that we arent talking about how we are going to beat the 49ers 

QQ

3 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Idk if Tanny is our guy. Almost reminds me of Kerry Collins. Can make a few plays but we have to have a monster run game. So if he wants to stay it needs to be cheep. But man there are so many other options this year. Brady Brees Rivers would be are "All in type" maybe draft a guy behind them or go with someone like Teddy or Cam idk. With Corey AJ Adam as our core three and sharpe and MY BOY ONE FOUR. We have weapons. 

QQ

Ya I know it’s going to cost a lot but Titans need to attempt to be in on Clowney or the next tier guys right after him to help our pass rush 

4 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

QQ

Hard agree with all this. I like Tannehill but I really don’t see him winning a Superbowl unless the situation is absolutely perfect. I like Jordan Love from the draft, but we will see when the time comes to draft.