2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

21 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

Agree with Ryan being the one to walk if I had to pick. However, I don't think corner is a big problem for us. I think the pass rush is. We already have invested heavily in the secondary. Time we did on our pass rush.

pass rusher in round 1, corner in round 2 imo. can never have enough quality corners

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

He did it for 8 weeks in a 4 year career.

Demarco Murray was only good enough to prevent him from starting in his first season.

After that, the only reason Henry couldn't get the reps is because he simply wasn't getting it done on a consistent basis. Definitely nothing like this.

You all sound like the Mariota crowd making excuses when you try to make up reasons for him only having x amount of success prior to this year. He wasn't getting it done consistently and we all know that. 

There's no doubt that Tannehill duplicating his success is a question, but it's not some foregone conclusion that our running game will suck without Henry and average 180 YPG with him.

He did all last season & the year before he done it over a 8 week period miss me with the false accusations 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

He did all last season & the year before he done it over a 8 week period miss me with the false accusations 

He had 2 100 yard games last year. He absolutely did not do it the entire season. He struggled very much for the first 12 weeks of the season. That is nowhere near reproducing the success he had the last 8 weeks of this season.

I don't know what false accusation is there, but you're either misremembering or embellishing the details of that season and the first 6 weeks of this season.

He has been far from consistent and nowhere near this level of production.

Edited by TitanSS

48 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

He had 2 100 yard games last year. He absolutely did not do it the entire season. He struggled very much for the first 12 weeks of the season. That is nowhere near reproducing the success he had the last 8 weeks of this season.

I don't know what false accusation is there, but you're either misremembering or embellishing the details of that season and the first 6 weeks of this season.

He has been far from consistent and nowhere near this level of production.

If you rush over 800 yards in 1 month & almost rushed us into the postseason, cause let’s speak facts mariota sucked & was up & down last yr & our backup was trash & Henry was the only spark on offense after they made the commitment to give you the ball, & finish the season with a 1000 yards & double digit TD’s. & what he do this year picked up where he left off again hate all you want but he’s proven himself. We’re undefeated when he rushes over a 100 yards & TN took forever to figure out the kid needs carries & he’s a workhorse not a damn Committee back 👍🏽

36 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

If you rush over 800 yards in 1 month & almost rushed us into the postseason, cause let’s speak facts mariota sucked & was up & down last yr & our backup was trash & Henry was the only spark on offense after they made the commitment to give you the ball, & finish the season with a 1000 yards & double digit TD’s. & what he do this year picked up where he left off again hate all you want but he’s proven himself. We’re undefeated when he rushes over a 100 yards & TN took forever to figure out the kid needs carries & he’s a workhorse not a damn Committee back 👍🏽

Most teams are undefeated when a back rushes for 100 lol. Just like teams with 50 pass attempts usually lose.

It's because they're already winning and keep handing it off in the second half. It's an old argument that's been proven wrong 1000 times.

Iv been posting the Brady news in the Tannehill thread but might as well start putting it in hear since all I’m basically doing is posting rumors of crap that I hear

I don’t know the guys name but he’s some handicapper from Vegas

He was on my local radio station today, who’s down on Radio Row

They asked him to handicap where Brady could go 

The guy said not counting the Pats it’s between 2 teams 

Vegas, and Chargers 

He said Vegas is a favorite because he hears Brady bought a house there

I said yesterday the Brady news would start to pick up this week and it looks like it’s starting today 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TitanSS said:

He did it for 8 weeks in a 4 year career.

Demarco Murray was only good enough to prevent him from starting in his first season.

After that, the only reason Henry couldn't get the reps is because he simply wasn't getting it done on a consistent basis. Definitely nothing like this.

You all sound like the Mariota crowd making excuses when you try to make up reasons for him only having x amount of success prior to this year. He wasn't getting it done consistently and we all know that. 

There's no doubt that Tannehill duplicating his success is a question, but it's not some foregone conclusion that our running game will suck without Henry and average 180 YPG with him.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:17 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Also a recent article revisiting the now infamous George/Henry call. 

Since that call Henry has played 27 total games, gaining 2772 yards on 517 carries 29 tds, 42 rec, 277 yards, 2 tds... That's a stretch of 27 games where he's averaging over 100 rushing yards per game, over a td per game, and 5.4 ypc... And the Titans have a 17-10 record during that stretch (not including the Saints game he missed). 

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097512/article/eddie-george-says-titans-derrick-henry-took-advice-to-heart?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dten%3Bteam%3Dten%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bdvsn%3Dacs%3Bplyr%3Dearl_thomas%3Bplyr%3Dryan_tannehill%3Bplyr%3Dderrick_henry&sr=amp

Even including his struggles early on this year, that's what he's put up over the past 27 games... since the call that flipped something in him.  

We can even talk about the consistency around him... during those 27 games, he's had 

- 2 OCs, 9 games with LaFleur, 18 with Smith

- 3 QBs - 14 with Mariota, 1+ with Gabbert, 12 with Tannehill

- 2 LTs - 23 with Lewan, 4 with Kelley

- 7 G's... a total of 6 G's have started at least 1 game during that stretch, including a game with both Pamphile and Marz starting... the other 4 being Klein, Spain, Stafford, Dougals and Davis

- 2 RTs - 23 with Conklin, 4 with Lewan

- Walker, Jonnu, and a few others at TE.... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Even including his struggles early on this year, that's what he's put up over the past 27 games... since the call that flipped something in him.  

We can even talk about the consistency around him... during those 27 games, he's had 

- 2 OCs, 9 games with LaFleur, 18 with Smith

- 3 QBs - 14 with Mariota, 1+ with Gabbert, 12 with Tannehill

- 2 LTs - 23 with Lewan, 4 with Kelley

- 7 G's... a total of 6 G's have started at least 1 game during that stretch, including a game with both Pamphile and Marz starting... the other 4 being Klein, Spain, Stafford, Dougals and Davis

- 2 RTs - 23 with Conklin, 4 with Lewan

- Walker, Jonnu, and a few others at TE.... 

Inconsistencies in the environment around him are going to always be a factor. No team is going seasons without injuries and staff changes. Weak spots on the OL are problems across the league. I feel like that actually ties better into my argument of RBs being the most environment dependent position. 

We knew Taylor Lewan was a good LT even when his teammates sucked. But up until week 11 or 12 last year just about everyone was ready to move on from Henry because he hadn't done anything that set him apart and he was a non-factor in the passing game. There were a lot of people wanting to move on from him this season as well until we made the change at QB, but we've circled that path a few times now.

Henry never having success is not my argument. I know Henry has had some success in the last 1.5 years. The argument was that Derrick Henry will not reproduce the success he had in the last half of the season and the post-season and that is it unfair to expect him to do that or his replacement to do that. 

If he continued that success over a season he would have had like 2500 rushing yards. If that's the kind of success you're expecting every game from a position that is largely dependant on it's surrounding environment you are setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Iv been posting the Brady news in the Tannehill thread but might as well start putting it in hear since all I’m basically doing is posting rumors of crap that I hear

I don’t know the guys name but he’s some handicapper from Vegas

He was on my local radio station today, who’s down on Radio Row

They asked him to handicap where Brady could go 

The guy said not counting the Pats it’s between 2 teams 

Vegas, and Chargers 

He said Vegas is a favorite because he hears Brady bought a house there

I said yesterday the Brady news would start to pick up this week and it looks like it’s starting today 

That would be a Domino. Brady to Vegas, meaning Carr out on the market. Or being traded. 

I've liked Carr. Mobile. Nice arm. And accurate. He also ranked up there in completion percentage with Tanny. Could be a pickup that would give us similar results as Tanny but not cost as much maybe since he doesn't have the hot streak? 

Dunno options is what it is 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That would be a Domino. Brady to Vegas, meaning Carr out on the market. Or being traded. 

I've liked Carr. Mobile. Nice arm. And accurate. He also ranked up there in completion percentage with Tanny. Could be a pickup that would give us similar results as Tanny but not cost as much maybe since he doesn't have the hot streak? 

Dunno options is what it is 

Derek Carr sucks

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Most teams are undefeated when a back rushes for 100 lol. Just like teams with 50 pass attempts usually lose.

It's because they're already winning and keep handing it off in the second half. It's an old argument that's been proven wrong 1000 times.

I’m not concerned wit what most teams I’m concerned wit the Titans. Enjoy King Henry new deal as a Titan 🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1