2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

Carr doesn't suck but he's been mind numbingly average in several different offenses.

Titans just need to sign or tag Tannehill and not mess around with any of this Brady BS or any other QB. No reason to be stupid about it, sign the guy thats already had success in the system. If he regresses terribly, oh well, still the most logical/best choice you can make right now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m not concerned wit what most teams I’m concerned wit the Titans. Enjoy King Henry new deal as a Titan 🤗🤗🤗

I like Henry. I'll enjoy rooting for him if he gets one. 

That doesn't mean I let my fan loyalty cloud my judgement of what's better for a football team's long-term future.

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Same could have been said about Tannehill.  Well it was said about him. 

Statistically they aren't that far apart.  

Watching them is two completely different stories though.. Carr doesn’t throw the ball downfield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Henry never having success is not my argument. I know Henry has had some success in the last 1.5 years. The argument was that Derrick Henry will not reproduce the success he had in the last half of the season and the post-season and that is it unfair to expect him to do that or his replacement to do that. 

If he continued that success over a season he would have had like 2500 rushing yards. If that's the kind of success you're expecting every game from a position that is largely dependant on it's surrounding environment you are setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. 

I don't think anyone is expecting him to continue on the record breaking pace he had the past few months. 

I'm saying his success extends more than just half a season as you've claimed (8 games in a 4 year career was your statement).

We hope for better consistency from him, but there will be peaks and valleys (like all other good players... good with bouts of greatness), and he's at least shown the past 2 years that he picks up steam towards the end of the season, similar to how he does towards the end of games when given a chance. That's when we'll need him most. Even if we weren't effective slowing the Chiefs down a couple of weeks ago, it's the right approach. 

Expecting him to continue at a torrid pace is unrealistic, but it's not unrealistic to expect him to continue on a per game pace as he has since the Eddie call, or at least close to it. But as long as he continues to punish defenders, drawing crowded boxes, he'll be invaluable to the team (as long as the qb is effective taking advantage of the play action, like Tannehill excelled at this year). 

And if he's the model we build our team after... What was JRobs saying a couple years ago, talking about the ideal Titan?... We'll be able to set up a culture and identity that players will want to come to. They'll see a leader who may be willing to take under market value... And a team that takes care of its own... All in one fell swoop. 

I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating... This is much more than just a RB signing. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Watching them is two completely different stories though.. Carr doesn’t throw the ball downfield 

7.9 per attempt. 9th in the league. Ahead of Watson, Brees, Rivers, Lamar Jackson, Rodgers and Goff. 

Last year Carr ranked higher than Tannehill by small margin. 7.3 to 7.2. Marcus threw it downfield more than Tannehill according to the stat. (7.6)

I’m not saying I want Carr at all

I would rather Tannehill 

But I’m sure a lot of average QBs could succeed in the Titans offense because all we heard is how dumbed down this offense was for Mariota because of all the different OCs hes had an any other reason he needed it dumbed down for 

Tannehill played great for us, but he took over that dumbed down offense and did well with it

I wonder if the Titans start to make tweaks to it now or leave it simple 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I don't think anyone is expecting him to continue on the record breaking pace he had the past few months. 

I'm saying his success extends more than just half a season as you've claimed (8 games in a 4 year career was your statement).

We hope for better consistency from him, but there will be peaks and valleys (like all other good players... good with bouts of greatness), and he's at least shown the past 2 years that he picks up steam towards the end of the season, similar to how he does towards the end of games when given a chance. That's when we'll need him most. Even if we weren't effective slowing the Chiefs down a couple of weeks ago, it's the right approach. 

Expecting him to continue at a torrid pace is unrealistic, but it's not unrealistic to expect him to continue on a per game pace as he has since the Eddie call, or at least close to it. But as long as he continues to punish defenders, drawing crowded boxes, he'll be invaluable to the team (as long as the qb is effective taking advantage of the play action, like Tannehill excelled at this year). 

And if he's the model we build our team after... What was JRobs saying a couple years ago, talking about the ideal Titan?... We'll be able to set up a culture and identity that players will want to come to. They'll see a leader who may be willing to take under market value... And a team that takes care of its own... All in one fell swoop. 

I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating... This is much more than just a RB signing. 

My post was a response to someone saying this is basically what we should expect from Henry from now on.

I think recency bias has a lot of people thinking this is what Derrick Henry is and how he's performed for awhile now. He's had some success, for sure, but nothing like the last half of last year. No RB has put together a better 8 week stretch than he did.

He was a 4 game stretch at the end of last season from his position being considered a need last off-season. This is the reality of where he was at coming into December last year. And then you have people making the claim that he carried our team the entire season that year, despite the fact that he only eclipsed 100 yards twice the entire season and outside of those two games he averaged under 4 YPC on the season. 

Recency bias has people misremembering what their thoughts of him were during that actual period. Or even what the perception of him was going into week 7 of this season. 

Edited by TitanSS

I'd rather have RT back, but Carr is a viable fallback option. I dont know if he fits the wide zone PA offense we ran this year, but let's not pretend his offense weapons were any good. He made Waller look good, he and all 18 passes he'd caught prior to this year. Other than Waller over Jonnu (and who knows if that's just a 1 year thing there), how many of the Raiders offensive weapons would anyone take over their counterpart here? 

Even with RTs outstanding season last year, their career stats are comparable... And Carr is 3 years younger.