The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

I mentioned earlier my seeing more trades this year than in the past and low and behold LA seems to be shopping Gurley whose due a $7.55 mil roster bonus.

The new CBA didn't impact the 2020 cap and it came in lower than some had predicted so all of a sudden we're seeing some big names on the block due to their cap hits.

26 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Curious hypothetical: All things considered, would you rather have Foles for a 4th or Carr for a 2nd?

Can I choose the gun?

Foles I don’t like but he’s also not the legit commitment beyond 2020 to a guy I don’t think is more than pretty average that Carr would be, so I guess him. 

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Can I choose the gun?

Foles I don’t like but he’s also not the legit commitment beyond 2020 to a guy I don’t think is more than pretty average that Carr would be, so I guess him. 

Can I get a time machine to April 24th 2017?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I believe all the changes take effect with players getting the 5th year option begin with those drafted in 2018 and beyond (someone correct me if this isn’t accurate). Those wouldn’t apply to Mitch (2017). 

Yeah, still guaranteed for injury only but nothing on whether or not the calculations have changed.  If they're still gonna be based on 2020 transition tag amounts then we're looking at $24.837 mil.