The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

5 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Curious hypothetical: All things considered, would you rather have Foles for a 4th or Carr for a 2nd?

If those are the only two options then I'd take Foles. Neither is a long term option. I'm not sure Foles beats Tru out so I'd rather use the 2nd and 4th on other positions. Honestly, several rookies that are available in the 2nd likely could push Tru, he's just not that good.  Neither are at a level I'd want to sign long-term so I don't want to waste draft capital on either of them. I'd rather draft a rookie and take my chances there. 

All in all I'm fine with the FA period since I'm counting the re-signings, as they directly impact who we bring in and try to sign. 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ColGerBear said:

I doubt a 2.6m AAV contract will net a comp pick but it would be the fourth pick, HHCD would be the fifth.

Source:

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

2.3 is the cut off.

But they also only have 32 picks.

So you need teams ahead of Lucas to keep signing guys so there picks fall off the list.

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Eh kinda. With his arthritic knees it’s just downhill from there. His 3.8 ypc last season might just be his highest average he’ll achieve again. 

Gurley, Cooks, Goff, they handed out so much bad money.

Traded endless 1st round picks away.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Gurley, Cooks, Goff, they handed out so much bad money.

Traded endless 1st round picks away.

Gurley was going to be elite for years before the diagnosis. Goff looked better than he ended up being. They were rightfully in win now

Edited by Tyty