6036  6047

254  255

1.63/2.75/4.72   1.61/2.72/4.61

19 reps 225  22 reps 225

33" vert  35" vert

9'9" broad  10'4" broad

4.32 ss  4.42 ss

7.00 cone   7.09 cone

Fairly similar athletes, I would think Kelce is a touch more explosive. While I agree paying $15M/year is insane for a TE, we have to be honest with ourselves. Pace whiffed on Shaheen and this is us paying for that mistake. If we want to draft a Cole Kmet or Adam Trautman, you know they will not produce in 2020. Is that worth the risk? For a GM who is doing everything he can to salvage his "franchise QB"?

Hooper will be 25 years old at the start of this season. We are paying for his prime years and considering how important the TE position is in this scheme... I'd argue we don't have a choice and are being negligent in not throwing money at him.

Find a WR, EDGE, OG in the draft.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 2:47 PM, WindyCity said:

How I sell Hooper

1. Green Bay sucks and Chicago is a massive market with off field opportunities

2. You will get more targets in Chicago then you will elsewhere

3. More money

4. Mitch will be better or he will be gone.

3 is debatable, and I think 4 is a major dealbreaker.

43 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Hooper doesn’t have the size and athleticism of the elite TEs but he can definitely fit in the next tier. My only question is whether he can play an in-line role if Burton returns. If you’re going to tie up that much money in the TE position then there has to be a plan to use both of them.

He is a comparable athlete and he is 6’4” 260lbs.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Have I missed any other Bears free agent Rumors,

Andy Dalton-everyone
Austin Hooper-two connections
Nick K-in house priority
Carr-interested

I’m unamused by the lack of apparent progress on a Robinson extension. Hopefully some activity on that this week after the CBA vote is a known. 

Given our budget restrictions I’d like to see us take a few flyers on some former touted prospects on short reclamation/prove it deals. One guy who really intrigues me for this is ILB Darron Lee. I love his athletic profile in the middle of our defense next to Roquan. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Given our budget restrictions I’d like to see us take a few flyers on some former touted prospects on short reclamation/prove it deals. One guy who really intrigues me for this is ILB Darron Lee. I love his athletic profile in the middle of our defense next to Roquan. 

Ereck Flowers had a nice year in Washington at OG after being a bust at OT.

I wonder what he would cost to come in and compete?

I’m unamused by the lack of apparent progress on a Robinson extension. Hopefully some activity on that this week after the CBA vote is a known. 

I think there is a lot of stuff done or close they just can’t pull the trigger.

If the CBA gets approved Thurs I may need to take Friday off work to process it all.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Ereck Flowers had a nice year in Washington at OG after being a bust at OT.

I wonder what he would cost to come in and compete?

Agree. I’d be fine with him at RG. Can’t see him getting huge money but could see him in that $6M range. Could be a longer term solution at RG too - he’s only entering his age 26 season. 

I'll be surprised if something isn't reached before the start of the season. Pace seems to like to wait until then to make these moves official. Dude is 26, can't believe he's this young with 6 seasons under his belt.

I'd even kick the tires on players like Tyler Eifert, honestly. Shouldn't cost much but if he stays healthy it could be a value signing.