The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not really sure it makes sense for Pace to bring back HHCD. He was good, don’t get me wrong, but can you have 25 million at safety when you need to rebuild an offense?

I don’t have a problem with a modest investment at SS but HHCD’s presence made Jackson less effective in 2019. I’d rather we spent that money on a more complementary player to our superstar. 

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t have a problem with a modest investment at SS but HHCD’s presence made Jackson less effective in 2019. I’d rather we spent that money on a more complementary player to our superstar. 

We’ve not seen Jackson play at superstar level outside of 1 season with Fangio. At this point 2018 looks more like the outlier season. His 2019 performance was pretty similar to what we saw in 2017 when he was paired with Amos.

Edited by abstract_thought

It looks like Derek Wolfe will hit the market. Would you pay more than an 8M AAV to lock him up for 3 more years? Something like 3/27M with 17M guaranteed.

Year 1 - 3M salary, 9M signing bonus, CAP HIT 6M

Year 2 - 3M salary, CAP HIT 6M

Year 3 - 2M salary, CAP HIT 5M

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

He was. His stats may not have been as good but he was good.

He showed improved tackling & a greater willingness to hit. Unfortunately that's not what he does best. It's great that he improved in those areas, but not only were the stats down but he wasn't even close to getting the ball. It'd be one thing if he was just missing a few or dropping one every now and again, but it wasn't like that at all.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He showed improved tackling & a greater willingness to hit. Unfortunately that's not what he does best. It's great that he improved in those areas, but not only were the stats down but he wasn't even close to getting the ball. It'd be one thing if he was just missing a few or dropping one every now and again, but it wasn't like that at all.

His coverage grades were still good. Can’t get close to the ball if they don’t throw it near you.

Edited by WindyCity