The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

Angelo was solid for a while, then started making awful picks and moves... Gilbert, Gaines Adams (RIP). He needed to go. We just haven't replaced him with a great replacement, but I still believe Pace can figure it out.

Pace has his share of bad moves, but it's still early in the tenure. I think he needs to either start listening to his staff more or stop hiring yes men.

Some guys trade a second round pick for a player and the player busts.

Not Jerry Angelo... he took it to another level and traded a second round pick for someone who died.

Edited by G08
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, G08 said:

They made the playoffs exactly once in his first four seasons, which we all know was a fluke season.

In Angelo's first 9 seasons (NINE) as a GM his teams won 2 playoff games (Super Bowl season).

You need to stop this nonsense. His draft record was ******* garbage and the **** he surrounded Cutler with, not to mention trading Greg Olsen for a bag of dog **** is the nail in his coffin.

Call me when Pace wins a playoff game.

This is a results business and anecdotal draft grades don’t matter as much as wins.

Neither is a good GM, but Angelo actually had results and Pace doesn’t. You love his moves and picks but they have led to ANYTHING.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

You love his moves and picks

I don't love his moves and picks, though. I've discussed moves I didn't like.

I wanted nothing to do with Kevin White, I didn't care for Leonard Floyd, I was in love with Patrick Mahomes, etc.

If I have a consistent complaint about Pace it's what I consider to be an over-emphasis on character.

Still won playoff games.

Still went to the Super Bowl.

Still went back to an NFC Championship.

Angelo made a ton of terrible moves and still accomplished more than Pace.

He traded a 2nd round pick for a guy who died less than 3 months later. That's the end of the argument.

Edited by G08

Just now, G08 said:

He traded a 2nd round pick for a guy who died less than 3 months later. That's the end of the argument.

The end of the argument is results.

Angelo had some.

Pace doesn’t.

All GMs make bad moves. Some of them actually have results.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I am not sure how Jerry is suppose to know that a 27 year old has an enlarged heart and tragically passed away.

Edited by WindyCity

I am not sure how Jerry is suppose to know that a 27 year old has an enlarged heart and tragically passed away.

Gaines Adams also played an entire season for the Bears. He died the year after.

He didn't play an entire season for the Bears. We traded for him in Oct of 2009 and he died in January of 2010.

3 months.

Just now, G08 said:

Angelo had 11 years. Pace has had 5.

Now all Pace needs to do in 6 years is make 3 playoff appearances, 1 NFC Title Game, 1 Super Bowl.

That ain’t happening.

Pace is closer to being fired then he is to making the playoffs again.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Angelo had 11 years. Pace has had 5.

Do you really not care about results?

Whatever you think of Pace’s moves, there haven’t been results. I could care less whether his moves are considered good, if they don’t make the playoffs if they don’t contend why does it matter?

Now all Pace needs to do in 6 years is make 3 playoff appearances, 1 NFC Title Game, 1 Super Bowl.

That ain’t happening.

Pace is closer to being fired then he is to making the playoffs again.

This...Paces W/L column is all that matters and he just hasn’t done a great job. One winning season in 5 is garbage.

• Like 1