The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Do you really not care about results?

Whatever you think of Pace’s moves, there haven’t been results. I could care less whether his moves are considered good, if they don’t make the playoffs if they don’t contend why does it matter?

I'm patient enough to understand the whole John Fox era was nothing but ripping this franchise down to the studs.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm patient enough to understand the whole John Fox era was nothing but ripping this franchise down to the studs.

Maybe you are too patient.

This team is heading in the wrong direction.

How many years does he get to put a consistent product on the field? I would like to hear where the cut off for supporting his mediocrity is.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I believe that he is staying. The Raiders beat guys think it will be  backup level deal.

That's my point tho. Similar to what's being rumored about the Bears and Trubisky, Raiders were looking for someone, in this case Mariota, to come in and push Carr for the starting job. 

Edited by topwop1

Just now, topwop1 said:

That's my point tho. Similar to what's being runored about the Bears and Trubisky, Raiders were looking for someone, in this case Mariota, to come in and push Carr for the starting job. 

The key difference being that they are trying to push Carr from solid to good.

The Bears are trying to push Mitch from dumpster fire to average.

It is the floors that make them different players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Maybe you are too patient.

This team is heading in the wrong direction.

How many years does he get to put a consistent product on the field? I would like to hear where the cut off for supporting his mediocrity is.

6 wins, 3 wins, 5 wins, Fox fired/Nagy Hired, 12 wins, 8 wins.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, G08 said:

6 wins, 3 wins, 5 wins, Fox fired/Nagy Hired, 12 wins, 8 wins.

12 to 8 is the wrong direction. Add in huge issues at QB and offensive personnel issues and you see a team trending away from 2018.

How many years does Pace get to produce a consistent winning team. 

This is year 6. 7. 8. 9.

I want to know how many years he gets without consistently competing for the playoffs before you are done.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

12 to 8 is the wrong direction. Add in huge issues at QB and offensive personnel issues and you see a team trending away from 2018.

How many years does Pace get to produce a consistent winning team. 

This is year 6. 7. 8. 9.

I want to know how many years he gets without consistently competing for the playoffs before you are done.

I have no desire to become the Cleveland Browns, whacking GMs and head coaches like it's going out of style.

Ryan Pace has proven to me he knows how to build culture and overhaul terrible defenses into one of the strongest units in football.

He may have missed on Trubisky -- it happens -- but I would give him another bite at the proverbial apple.

Just now, G08 said:

I have no desire to become the Cleveland Browns, whacking GMs and head coaches like it's going out of style.

Ryan Pace has proven to me he knows how to build culture and overhaul terrible defenses into one of the strongest units in football.

He may have missed on Trubisky -- it happens -- but I would give him another bite at the proverbial apple.

He has proven that he cannot build an offense as well.

How many years does he get to have a consistently competitive team? Just give me a number, does he get a decade?

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Good. Repeat it a few more times so we can all write it down. 

How many years are you giving him?

Lets set a timeframe and pretend that we have standards, instead of just pushing back when we expect this team to be good.