Gophers World Mafia, Game Over, Reporters & Town Win

gopherwrestler

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

Is this a summary of what we have for player claims?  

2. @Counselor ---Claimed JOAT

5. @rackcs -- ???

7. @Forge -- protector??

12. @Malfatron -- claimed reporter

13. @squire12 -- city cop, insane or naive

14. @MWil23 -- alignment compare, revived N8

19. @kingseanjohn -- ???

21. @Tk3 -- detects if anyone leaves town (detects commuter)

23. @Matts4313 -- claimed PGO

24. @JoshstraDaymus -- claimed 1-shot vote manipulation

26. swag -- claimed purple

@Forge, @Matts4313 anyone else want to discuss were the remaining red/orange are in this mix?

Just now, squire12 said:

@Forge, @Matts4313 anyone else want to discuss were the remaining red/orange are in this mix?

I think TK3 was sketchy earlier. But it seemed like he was frustrated civ tbh.

Racks I have 0 read on and that worries me.

Josh's claim would be perfect if he wanted to play inactive scum. 

With no one coming out that they revived mwil,  the idea that he is GF has a lot of legs. 

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If counselor is telling it true, and he blocked BCB one night, then Orange should be gone. 

Unfortunately, I don't know how I feel about Counselor, but I'm sort of banking on Whicker's "hasn't killed anyone" invest. But still, this situation seems weird. 

I'm trying to figure out why nobody has copped to being role blocked the last two nights. This makes sense if it's counselor and he has elected to protect himself, but it also makes me think he's lying about N6, because I was very much role blocked that night, and none of the people who have died in the last two nights would have been responsible for that. If he's lying about that, he can easily be lying about blocking Matts. None of his other moves are all that verifiable, and frankly, I find the idea that if counselor could role block players and also protect himself, that's he's not protecting himself until N7 and also stealing a vote before he does that on n3, to be highly unlikely. That doesn't mesh for me. 

The TK3 / Matts thing is interesting, right? Because I think Matts mentioned the "drive out of town" thing first, and if that really something that TK's move deals with (including that verbage), it actually carries weight that Matts is telling it true. I don't know why there would be a balance aspect to that entire thing, makes no sense to me whatsoever. 

We have no information whatsoever on Rack and KSJ, which makes me immediately question them. Nobody's freaking move is verifiable with anything at all except the reporters lol. 

i'm very tempted to go Mwil again, especially now that TK has locked to matts. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I also have a theory that Counselor is red scum, Forge got converted and the entire freaking game is scum and screwing with me.

There's something with Counselor that just hasn't gelled for me at all this entire game. But he's also participated a fair bit, and sometimes it's just that you get bad feeling because you have interacted with them more throughout the game and they have put more out there. 

The general lack of Rack / KSJ / Josh is highly problematic. I'm sort of meh on TK. I thought he seemed civ a few nights ago, then he was just being foolish, but today made me think that he was more civ again. The problem is, I don't know how, if his ability is legit (while also being very dumb, i may add), he doesn't tie that together with yours and understand why it exists if it really is dependent on someone else as a balancing mechanic. It's just a weird situation there. It's not like anyone else out there is claiming that they drive people out of time. 

That's what makes me wonder about Counselor again too. If you really do have that ability, and I can protect myself every night, and apparently so can counselor, 3 people who ostensibly can't be targeted for night kills by mafia seems a bit out of whack to me. 

counselor

I have to wonder if after Touch outed his ability, and Whicker did soon after, that scum wasn't smart enough to just make sure that they kept one of their own clean from that kind of investigation. I would have. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

If counselor is telling it true, and he blocked BCB one night, then Orange should be gone. 

Unfortunately, I don't know how I feel about Counselor, but I'm sort of banking on Whicker's "hasn't killed anyone" invest. But still, this situation seems weird. 

Do we know that Counselor was not converted the night he "roleblocked" bcb?  Could the targeting of bcb been the mechanism of conversion?

I'm trying to figure out why nobody has copped to being role blocked the last two nights. This makes sense if it's counselor and he has elected to protect himself, but it also makes me think he's lying about N6, because I was very much role blocked that night, and none of the people who have died in the last two nights would have been responsible for that. If he's lying about that, he can easily be lying about blocking Matts. None of his other moves are all that verifiable, and frankly, I find the idea that if counselor could role block players and also protect himself, that's he's not protecting himself until N7 and also stealing a vote before he does that on n3, to be highly unlikely. That doesn't mesh for me. 

Counselor has not blocked a hit in 8 nights, either via roleblock or protection.  

The TK3 / Matts thing is interesting, right? Because I think Matts mentioned the "drive out of town" thing first, and if that really something that TK's move deals with (including that verbage), it actually carries weight that Matts is telling it true. I don't know why there would be a balance aspect to that entire thing, makes no sense to me whatsoever. 

We have no information whatsoever on Rack and KSJ, which makes me immediately question them. Nobody's freaking move is verifiable with anything at all except the reporters lol. 

i'm very tempted to go Mwil again, especially now that TK has locked to matts. 

I am not sure how to view the Matts - TK3 -  Counselor dynamic.   Possible they are all telling the truth and there is a mechanic that we are not sure of.  Order of events or some oddity.  

Ksj and rackcs have offered nothing.   Tk3 has not offered much of anything.  Got into a pissing match with a few people today, locked his vote and storms off.  

I certainly do not want to get any vote wrong, especially in end game.  But I am more "willing" to be wrong on someone that has at least played and posted vs someone that comes in, drops a vote and leaves for 20+ hours.