End of Year Winners

ClutchDJ

On 2/2/2020 at 5:04 PM, dtait93 said:

He was not a good QB that led a below average offense. He didn't deserve it over either guy imo

Dear sir it is much harder to produce when you are the focal point of every defense's game plan and surrounded by the worst offensive supporting cast in the NFL.

Case in point: AJ Brown's disappearing act in the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

Dear sir it is much harder to produce when you are the focal point of every defense's game plan and surrounded by the worst offensive supporting cast in the NFL.

Case in point: AJ Brown's disappearing act in the playoffs.

Yeah you literally make no sense. We didn't need to pass the ball which is why AJ didn't put up numbers.

Like I said, Murray wasn't a good QB that led a below average offense on a bad team.

13 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah you literally make no sense. We didn't need to pass the ball which is why AJ didn't put up numbers.

Like I said, Murray wasn't a good QB that led a below average offense on a bad team.

Exactly AJ Brown is not the cog of the offense and the Kyler Murray offense was above average despite having the WOAT supporting cast and being the focal point of defenses every week.

When your team can win playoff games when you're putting up less than ten(!) receiving yards per game you are not very important tbf.

Edited by LowMotorGuy

Was Minshew really that impressive? (for the people advocating for him)

The games I saw him play (especially the one against a bad Falcons defense) he didn't impress me at all. Granted, I only saw like 2 games of him, the Falcons game included, so that's a pretty small sample size.

29 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

13th in dvoa

7th in weighted dvoa

cause once we started using kyler as a runner/running threat we played way better

but keep going

Edited by 11sanchez11

15 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

Exactly AJ Brown is not the cog of the offense and the Kyler Murray offense was above average despite having the WOAT supporting cast.

When your team can win playoff games when you're putting up less than ten(!) receiving yards per game you are not very important tbf.

Brown was very important to our team. A couple of game flows in the playoffs doesn't change that. Your the typical fan who didn't watch any Titans games until we made the playoffs. Calling him unimportant proves that.

Your stance is basically he should win simply because he was a QB (and not a very good one). Idk how else to put it but this is a pretty dumb line of thinking.

Oh and the, "Kyler Murray offense" was not above average. 21st in total yards, 24th in passing yards, and and 17th in ppg is below average.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Brown was very important to our team. A couple of game flows in the playoffs doesn't change that. Your the typical fan who didn't watch any Titans games until we made the playoffs. Calling him unimportant proves that.

Your stance is basically he should win simply because he was a QB (and not a very good one). Idk how else to put it but this is a pretty dumb line of thinking.

Oh and the, "Kyler Murray offense" was not above average. 21st in total yards, 24th in passing yards, and and 17th in ppg is below average.

13th in DVOA is above average especially with the WOAT supporting cast. I can't even name a single player on the Cardinals offense except for Larry Fitz who is almost 50 years old.

Lettuce also be real here AJ Brown was just put in the GOAT situation being the benefactor of playaction misdirection and single high safety coverage. You can put a million other wide receivers in his position and the Titans would still have gotten to the NFC championship especially with his 64 yards in 3 games (WTF LOL).

18 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

13th in DVOA is above average especially with the WOAT supporting cast. I can't even name a single player on the Cardinals offense except for Larry Fitz who is almost 50 years old.

Lettuce also be real here AJ Brown was just put in the GOAT situation being the benefactor of playaction misdirection and single high safety coverage. You can put a million other wide receivers in his position and the Titans would still have gotten to the NFC championship especially with his 64 yards in 3 games (WTF LOL).

DVOA isn't everything.

I didn't realize the worst supporting cast of all time had Larry Fitzgerald, a high 2nd round pick in Kirk, Drake (80 ypg, 5.2 ypc, and 8 TD's in 8 games), and an o-line that had the 10th rated PBWR. Please.

Brown doesn't get faulted for playing in a good situation. He gets credit for taking advantage of it and outperforming a 5th overall pick in Corey Davis in order to get that production - which proves you can't put, "a million other wide receivers" in his position and have equal production.

Pretty obvious you didn't watch a single Titans game this year. You don't deserve the time of day for me to educate you.

Edited by dtait93

Just now, dtait93 said:

DVOA isn't everything.

I didn't realize the worst supporting cast of all time had Larry Fitzgerald, a high 2nd round pick in Kirk, Drake (80 ypg, 5.2 ypc, and 8 TD's in 8 games), and an o-line that had the 10th rated PBWR. Please.

Brown doesn't get faulted for playing in a good situation. He gets credit for taking advantage of it and outperforming a 5th overall pick in Corey Davis - which proves you can't put, "a million other wide receivers" in his position and have equal production.

Pretty obvious you didn't watch a single Titans game this year. You don't deserve the time of day for me to educate you.

Excuse me sir Larry Fitzgerald is the Vince Carter of the NFL and Christian Kirk is one of the WOAT starting wide receivers.

When the best player on your Oline is DJ Humphries you have some serious problems as he is one of the WOAT Olineman.

How Kyler Murray managed to put up his season with a supporting cast this sad still boggles me to this day. The Cards might have won zero games this year if he was pulling disappearing acts like AJ Brown did in the playoffs my goodness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

The Cards might have won zero games this year if he was pulling disappearing acts like AJ Brown did in the playoffs my goodness.

Week 7 vs NYG: 14/21, 104 yards, 0 TD's, 4.9 ypa - Cardinals 27 Giants 21

Week 16 vs SEA: 11/18, 118 yards, 1 TD, 6.56 ypa - Cardinals 27 Seahawks 13

You were saying?   roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

DVOA isn't everything.

it's better than yards lol

that's like looking at ppg in the nba instead of O/D rating. idk the last time I saw someone use ppg as a barometer for how good a team is on O/D

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

yes, the oldest WR in the NFL and a player no one has ever cared about in drake (you can look in the trade thread, people didn't know why the cardinals would trade a 6th for him lol) are def the engines of an above average offense, everyone knows that. 

before the season the only thing people said was how terrible the cardinals oline was and that was before their best olineman missed the entire year. and somehow they finished top 10 in PBWR. idk how that could happen. maybe teams pass rush differently when facing elite athletes at qb? also a coincidence that the ravens finished 2nd?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Week 7 vs NYG: 14/21, 104 yards, 0 TD's, 4.9 ypa - Cardinals 27 Giants 21

Week 16 vs SEA: 11/18, 118 yards, 1 TD, 6.56 ypa - Cardinals 27 Seahawks 13

You were saying?   roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Amazing how much Kyler Murray opens up his running game because of his electric athleticism.

Can you imagine Murray's stats if he had the no 1 RB and a elite oline opening up defenses for him? Mother of god.

1 minute ago, LowMotorGuy said:

Amazing how much Kyler Murray opens up his running game because of his electric athleticism.

Can you imagine Murray's stats if he had the no 1 RB and a elite oline opening up defenses for him? Mother of god.

Drake changed the running game. Not Murray's athleticism. See David Johnson.

Bottom line he had 2 disapearing acts and AZ still won. Sub-par QB that the team can win without.

16 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Drake changed the running game. Not Murray's athleticism. See David Johnson.

Bottom line he had 2 disapearing acts and AZ still won. Sub-par QB that the team can win without.

Murray changed Drake. See Miami Dolphins career pre Murray.

Bottom line he played subpar but still opened up his RBs to have big days with the Kyler Murray effect. AJ Brown does not have that effect yet because he is maybe the 7th most important player on his offense (LOL).

That is why the Titans can get to the AFC champ game with him averaging less than 10 yards per game lmao.

Edited by LowMotorGuy