End of Year Winners

ClutchDJ

28 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

Murray changed Drake. See Miami Dolphins career pre Murray.

Bottom line he played subpar but still opened up his RBs to have big days with the Kyler Murray effect. AJ Brown does not have that effect yet because he is maybe the 7th most important player on his offense (LOL).

That is why the Titans can get to the AFC champ game with him averaging less than 10 yards per game.

No he didn't, or else Johnson would have reverted back to his old form once Murray entered the equation. But he didn't because Murray changed nothing. Drake was already an efficient runner before Murray (career 4.6 ypa in MIA). 

In Arizona's 5 wins Murray accounted for 48 out of 152 points and 8 measly touchdowns. Talk about not pulling your weight. They could have stuck a million different QB's back there and still won 5 games lmao

They gave a QB that accounted for 31% of the offenses points in his team's victories Offensive Rookie of the Year.

source.gif

Edited by dtait93

Bottom line he had 2 disapearing acts and AZ still won. Sub-par QB that the team can win without.

This is a joke, right? When has using a two game sample size ever been smart? 

Patrick Mahomes

Week 9: DNP. 26-23, Chiefs over Vikings.

Week 11: 19/32, 182 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 72.7 passer rating, 5.69 YPA. 24-17, Chiefs over Chargers.

Week 13: 15/29, 175 yards, 1 TD, 81.8 passer rating, 6.03 YPA. 40-9, Chiefs over Raiders.

Week 17: 16/25, 174 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 81.1 passer rating, 6.96 YPA. 31-21, Chiefs over Chargers.

Lamar Jackson

Week 5: 19/28, 161 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 5.75 YPA, 54.9 QB rating. 26-23, Ravens over Steelers.

Week 7: 9/20, 143 yards, 0 TDs, 7.15 YPA, 69.4 QB rating. 30-16, Ravens over Seahawks.

Deshaun Watson

Week 16: 19/32, 184 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 62.5 passer rating, 5.75 YPA. 23-20, Texans over Buccaneers.

Week 2: 16/29, 159 yards, 0 TDs, 70.9 passer rating, 5.58 YPA. 13-12, Texans over Jaguars. 

Terrible, terrible post.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

No he didn't, or else Johnson would have reverted back to his old form once Murray entered the equation. But he didn't because Murray changed nothing. Drake was already an efficient runner before Murray (career 4.6 ypa in MIA). 

In Arizona's 5 wins Murray accounted for 48 out of 152 points and 8 measly touchdowns. Talk about not pulling your weight. They could have stuck a million different QB's back there and still won 5 games lmao

Do you even watch football? David Johnson is only 28 but has worse knees than my grandmother there is simply no helping him. Drake averaged 3.7YPC(!) for the Dolphins before he was traded and got the Kyler Murray effect. He gained +1.5YPC becauses defenses keyed in on the OROTY and let him run wild.

That is another great stat about Murray. It is amazing how much he opened up the offense his team when they won. Epecially allowing WOAT RBs like Chase Edmonds and Kenyan Drake to have careers.

To be honest with you buddy I am also really afraid AJ Brown will be exposed in the future like Juju Smith Schuster. I don't even want to comprehend what his stats are gonna like when Derrick Henry declines and defenses actually gameplan for him.

25 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

Do you even watch football? David Johnson is only 28 but has worse knees than my grandmother there is simply no helping him. Drake averaged 3.7YPC(!) for the Dolphins before he was traded and got the Kyler Murray effect. He gained +1.5YPC becauses defenses keyed in on the OROTY and let him run wild.

That is another great stat about Murray. It is amazing how much he opened up the offense his team when they won. Epecially allowing WOAT RBs like Chase Edmonds and Kenyan Drake to have careers.

To be honest with you buddy I am also really afraid AJ Brown will be exposed in the future like Juju Smith Schuster. I don't even want to comprehend what his stats are gonna like when Derrick Henry declines and defenses actually gameplan for him.

Unless I am missing something, Johnson's had one knee injury - an MCL sprain that didn't even require surgery. He was injury free until week 6. To which at that point averaged 3.9 ypc. Murray did nothing to help him.

Drake averaged 4.6 ypa in a 54 game sample size during his Miami days - a much more accurate representation of who he is as a runner than the 6 game sample size your trying to use. Already efficient before Murray.

As for AJ, he will be just fine xD

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Unless I am missing something, Johnson's had one knee injury - an MCL sprain that didn't even require surgery. He was injury free until week 6. To which at that point averaged 3.9 ypc. Murray did nothing to help him.

Drake averaged 4.6 ypa in a 54 game sample size during his Miami days - a much more accurate representation of who he is as a runner than the 6 game sample size your trying to use. Already efficient before Murray.

As for AJ, he will be just fine xD

Lettuce be real here David Johnson has some of the worst knees which has led to him being possibly now the most unathletic RB in the NFL. I am guessing you only started watching football 2 years ago and never saw him at his GOAT level in 2015/2016.

Also Drake 4.6YPC > 5.2YPC
Edmonds 3.5YPC > 5.3YPC

Also can you imagine how much better Kyler Murray's stats would be in the easy AFC South compared to the brutal gauntlet that is the NFC West? Holy mother of god I cannot even imagine.

Edited by LowMotorGuy

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Me using a 2 game sample size was making fun of the above poster for using a 2 game sample size. C'mon bud

Yeaaaaah, alright good, hard to tell because you’re putting out lots of nonsense right now...

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 8:02 PM, candyman93 said:

lol at Kyler winning it ROTY.

If it’s based on impact to team, Baker should have won over Saquon last year.

Who votes on these?

No. Jacobs had a good season for a rookie RB, Barkley had an elite season for an NFL RB.

Contrast that to Baker and Kyler, while Baker was the superior passer as a rookie, Kyler had a marginal, but superior overall impact on the football field. His ability to run the football made him a viable threat against that 49ers defense whereas 2018 Baker against that 2019 49ers defense wouldn’t have faired nearly as well because of his inferior mobility.

Overall Baker had 27 total TDs, 14 Ints, and 7 fumbles; Murray had 24 total TDs, 12 Ints, 5 fumbles. While Baker played in two less games and that’s a strong factor in why he has a strong case for why his rookie season was “better” it’s arguable. Especially considering the fact that Kyler had the higher QBR and AV scores, while Baker edges him out in passer rating... which backs up the idea that Baker was the superior passer but had the inferior field impact.

So Barkley winning it made and still makes sense. If Barkley was a rookie this season and had his same impact as last year, he wins the award over Kyler. Baker only made it close because he broke Mannings rookie passing TDs record and the Browns improved from terrible to mediocre. But he had an inferior AV to Saquan.

Kyler was actually much more comparable to his OROTY peers, actually coming away with the superior AV.

Award or not, Kyler is boring to watch and made several really dumb rookie mistakes.

Edit: HOW ABOUT MA BOY GILMORE!

Now I have to worry about the Hoodie trading him away...

The other votes are agreeable enough. I still appreciate that PFF gave the MVP award to Wilson - whom after much discussion - pulled my vote for MVP also.

Edited by lolsurebro

Just now, lolsurebro said:

Award or not, Kyler is boring to watch and made several really dumb rookie mistakes.

He is anything but boring lol kid is electric with top 5 arm talent in the game

Dumb rookie mistakes, yes. Boring, no 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:58 PM, dtait93 said:

Kyler Murray winning OROY is atrocious on every single level.

Agreed. He’s like fourth if I’m picking.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:17 PM, Ataal said:

Agreed.  This was just one of those years that you could make a great argument for a small group of guys.  Had to be one of the harder decisions for voters. 

I was shocked it was so one sided. There’s an argument for Payton, Vrabel, Lefleur, and Shanny, but I can’t complain about Harbaugh getting it.

Really the only one I can complain about is rookie of the year. AJ Brown is my No. 1, though it’s probably Jacobs if I’m not being a little homery. Then probably either Metcalf or McLaurin. Then Kyler. 

Argument that he had a bigger impact is dumb because obviously he did. He’s a QB, the most impactful position. The other players were better.