Do you wish the NFL was less popular?

Elky

13 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

No.

• I wish the NBA wasn't so boring and over half the teams didn't make the playoffs and you didn't go into every season knowing only 3 teams have a realistic chance of winning it all.
  • I wish that baseball wasn't so ridiculously unfair with certain teams like the Dodgers and Yankees being able to spend 3x as much as teams like the Padres, Royals and Rays.
  • I wish that I actually liked watching hockey.

Dodgers haven't won a WS in over 30 years and the Yanks have won just one since winning 3 in a row from 98-00.

10 minutes ago, Elky said:

Dodgers haven't won a WS in over 30 years and the Yanks have won just one since winning 3 in a row from 98-00.

But they are always in contention for the post season compared to some of the other franchises so those teams can't keep their star players and have a harder time attracting them.  The Brewers couldn't keep Moose or Grandal and will most likely have to lose Yelich once his present contract is up, for example.

I've honestly been wondering for years how Patriots fans enjoy an NFL season - every loss must feel like when your college football team loses (meaning they should win every game), and literally anything other than winning the Super Bowl is a massively failed season. Making the AFCCG was just a foregone conclusion.

This is what I was expecting to see from a Pats fan TBH. Just bored with all the winning.

5 hours ago, Elky said:

Yankees won in 2009. In any case not at all teams are on an equal playing ground making it inherently unfair. It’s funny that the only fans I hear defend the system in baseball are fans of big market teams. Presumably you’re a Red Sox fan. 

Edited by Bolts223

7 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Yankees won in 2009. In any case not at all teams are on an equal playing ground making it inherently unfair. It’s funny that the only fans I hear defend the system in baseball are fans of big market teams. Presumably you’re a Red Sox fan. 

Yeah, but smaller markets have won in the previous decade.

The Giants were a dynasty.

The Royals won one in back to back appearences.

Depending on your perspective, the Astros won a title.

The Nationals won last season. Without Bryce Harper.

Edited by Elky

Just now, Elky said:

Yeah, but smaller markets have won in the previous decade.

The Giants were a dynasty.

Depending on your perspective, the Astros won a title.

The Nationals won last season. Without Bryce Harper.

You literally just proved my point.

The three teams you named play in the 6th, 8th, and 7th largest media markets in the US respectively.

They are all big market teams relatively speaking.

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

You literally just proved my point.

The three teams you named play in the 6th, 8th, and 7th largest media markets in the US respectively.

They are all big market teams relatively speaking.

What a concept, professional sports teams are primarily in big markets.

45 minutes ago, Elky said:

What a concept, professional sports teams are primarily in big markets.

Even among baseball teams all the teams you named are in the top 1/4 of markets in MLB.

You were trying to use them to justify that "Small markets can still compete."

And you literally just showed the opposite by naming 3 big market teams that have had success. 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, Elky said:

Lately I've been digging baseball more because of how overexposed the NFL is.

Like baseball's not overexposed xD

Yes. Pro sports in general, a massive, emphatic yes. If it all went away tomorrow I'd applaud. Love to hear stories about ex-NFLers now scraping by as TE coach for Podunk Middle School lol

On 2/2/2020 at 3:36 PM, Forge said:

I hate some of the way they drag things out. Like, the build up to the draft is just too much for me now, and I'm still a bigger fan of the old draft weekend. 

Agreed.  I preferred the F/Sa/Su schedule as opposed to the new schedule.  Let me enjoy my Thursday.