2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sorry, as my dad said I don’t get a check in the mail. It’s not going to ruin my day.

How can you possibly day they’re definitively going to be worse on offense?

There are more FAs available then the top FAs where we can still improve our team. Also, I expect our young WRs to improve and Haskins to improve as he did the last month of the season. I also will be shocked if Guice & Love don’t contribute something to the offense this year as well. We have our OBJ/Diggs/Cooper already, his name is Terry MFin McLaurin, teams couldn’t stop him last year even when he was our only reliable WR until Steven Sims emerged the last month of the year.

Just bc we’re going to be young and inexperienced in a lot of spots doesn’t mean it’s doomsday. 

Nice try though. 

Well...

They don’t have a LT. Perhaps they’ll sign or draft someone who will play as well as Penn did last season, which is to say “decently.” As of now, it’s Geron Christian. That’s a downgrade. 

They lost their starting LG. Regardless of how you feel about Wes Martin, he couldn’t beat out Flowers for that job. Until further notice, that’s a downgrade. 

They cut PRich, who had 40ish targets and 30ish receptions last season before succumbing to the injury, and thus far they’ve replaced him with no one. His roster spot currently will be occupied by Cam Sims. That’s a downgrade. 

They cut Reed and Davis retired. Didn’t get much out of them last year, but they did get 4 games and 20 targets out of Davis before his concussion. They currently have Jeremy Sprinkle and Hale Hentges as the starting TE duo. That’s a downgrade. 

Chris Thompson is likely gone, and looks to be replaced by Bryce Love. Maybe Love is a star, but at this point, he’s proven nothing at the NFL level and he’s replacing a guy who was one of the league’s best pass game RBs. Call it probably a downgrade?

Haskins is the same. Backup QB will be worse than Keenum. Peterson is the same. Guice is the same. Roullier/Scherff/Moses are the same. McLaurin/Sims/Harmon are the same. That’s the entirety of the meaningful offensive roster. And there almost assuredly won’t be a pick spent on offense until the 3rd round.

To me, it’s obvious that they currently have even less talent on offense. But if you want to be obstinate, let’s just say they’ve gotten no better around Haskins. At the moment, they appear to be banking entirely on coaching staff changes and offseason improvement to get better. The 32nd ranked offense in football, and they’ve (at best) decided to stand pat to this point. And you’re confused about where the frustration is coming from?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Other teams' strategy: Let's fill holes of need with great players

Skins strategy: Let's see how many guards named Wes we can get on the squad

OMG it takes one second to figure out that he as a 3 year starter for the Falcons and will be only 27 on Sept 11th. Just bc he's not a household name doesn't mean he's a drop off from Flowers.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1