Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

Just now, ET80 said:

But it seems as if the reinstatement has in fact termed this suspension to one that is the remainder of 2019, right? 

sure? but you see the problem right?  they literally broke the CBA for a PR win.
if on appeal they had changed it to the remainder of the 2019 season including playoffs it would still have been the same... but legal

Just now, MWil23 said:

So, the entire "Myles accused Mason of saying the N word" was via his interview with the NFLPA, Thrash and company. Myles was allegedly told that everything he shared/his side would be kept completely secret, and then that interview was blatantly leaked to the public/never supposed to go beyond the room, for his and Mason's sake.

Ah, OK. I always assumed that was Garrett making that public, not the NFLPA.

Just now, ET80 said:

Wouldn't this reinstatement insinuate that it was for the remainder of the 2019 season? In essence, six games?

That would be one way to look at it, but on the surface, it has a look of the league giving in and letting the guy off lightly for a very serious offense.  Six games seems very light for something that could have been extremely serious.  If I'm the league, I want to put a stop to this right now.  There should be no gray area.  They need to send a message that this will not be tolerated in any situation.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

That would be one way to look at it, but on the surface, it has a look of the league giving in and letting the guy off lightly for a very serious offense.  Six games seems very light for something that could have been extremely serious.  If I'm the league, I want to put a stop to this right now.  There should be no gray area.  They need to send a message that this will not be tolerated in any situation.

so the answer is sentencing someone to a grey area even though its expressly forbidden by the CBA?

ok

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Ah, OK. I always assumed that was Garrett making that public, not the NFLPA.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/21/myles-garrett-didnt-want-mason-rudolph-slur-allegation-to-be-public/

“I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension,” Garrett said in a statement. “That was not meant for public dissemination, nor was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So, the entire "Myles accused Mason of saying the N word" was via his interview with the NFLPA, Thrash and company. Myles was allegedly told that everything he shared/his side would be kept completely secret, and then that interview was blatantly leaked to the public/never supposed to go beyond the room, for his and Mason's sake.

Nothing he said should have any bearing in the matter whatsoever.  If you are a person who can be driven to action like that just by hearing a knucklehead say a single word that you hate, you have no business being out and about in civilized society.  You are an animal and need to be locked up to protect said society.

Just now, mistakey said:

sure? but you see the problem right?

I see it, but I also don't see it as a "problem" (well, not for the same reason you see it as a problem). This is the conundrum you find yourself in when dealing with organized labor. Both sides want to seem strong, but neither will do things to achieve strength. 

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

they literally broke the CBA for a PR win.

Whenever you involve the NFLPA, the best you can hope for is a PR win.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Nothing he said should have any bearing in the matter whatsoever.  If you are a person who can be driven to action like that just by hearing a knucklehead say a single word that you hate, you have no business being out and about in civilized society.  You are an animal and need to be locked up to protect said society.

These are not mutually exclusive.

1. Yes, you are absolutely correct in that it should have no bearing whatsoever

2. The NFLPA should absolutely NOT have leaked that/breached confidentiality on a player that pays dues and is represented, thus entitled to the same due process as everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Six games seems very light for something that could have been extremely serious.

They gave five to Haynesworth for stomping on Andre Gurode's exposed head, and I'd personally quantify that as worse. 

• Like 4

Just now, MWil23 said:

These are not mutually exclusive.

1. Yes, you are absolutely correct in that it should have no bearing whatsoever

2. The NFLPA should absolutely NOT have leaked that/breached confidentiality on a player that pays dues and is represented, thus entitled to the same due process as everyone else.

I agree on both counts.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

ugh yikes its getting worse

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

🥴🥴🥴
hope you keep that same energy when a pitcher intentionally throws at a batter

I've always found that to be stupid af. Any intentional throw at a batter should be immediate ejection and suspension. Regardless of circumstance.

Just now, Danger said:

I've always found that to be stupid af. Any intentional throw at a batter should be immediate ejection and suspension. Regardless of circumstance.

Baseball governs itself in such an odd way. All of these unwritten rules and stuff.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Baseball governs itself in such an odd way. All of these unwritten rules and stuff.

And baseball is at an all time low. It's stuck in its ways, and antiquated in a sense.

It only took them 30 years to decide "Maybe we should have instant replay"

It sucks that it's the case, but it's an old person sport in so many ways.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1