Week 3 GDT - Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The biggest thing I'm taking from this game defensively is that we need a closer. Period. We need someone that can create pressure somewhat consistently and actually get in there.

What I just said in an other post. I'm not putting a ton of stock into the pressure stat and sack stat. We've consistnetly moved and broken pockets in pass downs, but we have no one on the edge that's forcing any heavy movement by a QB. No one that causes the QB to drop their hands and eyes. Getting pressure is a two party equation; breaking down the pocket then closing out. We don't have that closer. 

Just now, Forge said:

If we fail to score here, this would be the type of game I'd get CJ in at the end for a drive or two.

If the Rams score here (as we might expect they will), I agree that this would be a good time. Figure down 3 scores with 3-4 minutes left is a good time to get him some freebies. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

If the Rams score here (as we might expect they will), I agree that this would be a good time. Figure down 3 scores with 3-4 minutes left is a good time to get him some freebies. 

Exactly. Let him get his toes wet. No biggie. Even if they don't score, they're going to run Gurley hard and drain the clock, making it highly unlikely that we are able to make it back from two scores. So just let CJ get in there and have some fun.

Just now, straighthate said:

Really? This game's no good for him but the defense has had two good games and one bad one. He's doing the best he can with horrible corners and no pass rush. 

It's a fair question. I'm not advocating for his firing, I like his shiny waxed head. But even before the season started there were questions about how long he was going to stay and potentially bring Vic Fangio back as he seems unhappy in Chicago. Now it has been a while since those rumors but it is still worth talking about.

Just now, Geek said:

It's a fair question. I'm not advocating for his firing, I like his shiny waxed head. But even before the season started there were questions about how long he was going to stay and potentially bring Vic Fangio back as he seems unhappy in Chicago. Now it has been a while since those rumors but it is still worth talking about.

Not really. It would send a terrible message to fire Saleh after revamping this whole defense for a 4-3 under. Yes. I know, not that big of a change, but firing a guy in a rebuilding year, after his first year...not a fan. We'd have to be Jim O'neil bad for that to be even considered at this point. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Welp, we knew it would be a rough year. 

Not sure where the next win is coming..

2 weeks in indy. I wish that it was at home, road makes it a little less likely, but that's our first best chance at a win. Luck won't be ready.

Archived