Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

At this point, I want to stick with Case as the starter. But in terms of who id trust more to start, Bradford or Teddy, I don't know what argument could be made for Teddy if assuming equal health. Perhaps mobility would be the the only benefit with Teddy.

I think we're considering bringing Teddy back at all, he has to get his turn.  There's no real way to know where he's at without him starting.  It would be nice to have Bradford behind him in that scenario just in case it doesn't work.

23 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

I think we're considering bringing Teddy back at all, he has to get his turn.  There's no real way to know where he's at without him starting.  It would be nice to have Bradford behind him in that scenario just in case it doesn't work.

I'm not sure why Teddy has to get a turn. He has a feel good story but he's got no contract beyond this year. If we're talking about the best QB options for this year only, I don't know how you could take Teddy over Bradford given how productive Bradford was in the opener.

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm not sure why Teddy has to get a turn. He has a feel good story but he's got no contract beyond this year. If we're talking about the best QB options for this year only, I don't know how you could take Teddy over Bradford given how productive Bradford was in the opener.

If you have any intention of bringing him back, he has to get his turn IMO. If not, you could start Bradford, although I don't know that his week 1 performance would have any relevance to me.  Teddy has been healthy and practicing for months as opposed to Bradford who would maybe 2-3 weeks of practice under his belt.

18 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't see any way you can re-sign Bradford given his knees. Yes, he is easily the best QB, but no way you can trust him to stay healthy.

I really hope he retires because he is going to have horrendous problems when he gets older, even without playing longer. 

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't see any way you can re-sign Bradford given his knees. Yes, he is easily the best QB, but no way you can trust him to stay healthy.

Bradford is easily the best thrower, whether he's the best QB is a lot more debatable.

According to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said he expected Bradford to return to practice next week after missing a couple of months with a knee injury.

He could still be activated for the playoffs, but Zimmer was less certain if that would happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/vikings-expect-sam-bradford-to-return-to-practice-next-week/

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

If you have any intention of bringing him back, he has to get his turn IMO. If not, you could start Bradford, although I don't know that his week 1 performance would have any relevance to me.  Teddy has been healthy and practicing for months as opposed to Bradford who would maybe 2-3 weeks of practice under his belt.

Do the Vikings even have 2018 on their minds? Shouldn't the focus be to win now?  If Bradford is healthy, he gives us a better chance to win now than Teddy. Though, if Teddy is in a better spot than Bradford physically, yeah you stick with Teddy.

14 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Do the Vikings even have 2018 on their minds? Shouldn't the focus be to win now?  If Bradford is healthy, he gives us a better chance to win now than Teddy. Though, if Teddy is in a better spot than Bradford physically, yeah you stick with Teddy.

Theoretically no, they should only consider 2017, but I don't think you know for sure who would be the better QB at this exact moment time given Teddy hasn't played in 2 years and Bradford hasn't practiced in a few months. It's a roll of the dice in that regard, but I think it does have real implications if you want Teddy to return in 2018.

Would be interesting to see if we re-activate Bradford around the same time that McDermott is able to come back. Easton going to the IR opened the spot for our new LS'er, but if McDermott is able to return, we could drop the new longsnapper to make room for Bradford, or if we need to IR McDermott, that still opens up a spot. It would seem crazy to have 4 QB's on the 53 man, but they could do that to hedge their bets against a QB injury in the playoffs.

Just now, NorthCountryEvo said:

Would be interesting to see if we re-activate Bradford around the same time that McDermott is able to come back. Easton going to the IR opened the spot for our new LS'er, but if McDermott is able to return, we could drop the new longsnapper to make room for Bradford, or if we need to IR McDermott, that still opens up a spot. It would seem crazy to have 4 QB's on the 53 man, but they could do that to hedge their bets against a QB injury in the playoffs.

If we don't see anyone else go down this week I could very easily see this end up happening

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I can't see Bradford being activated unless either Case or Teddy is hurt. No real reason to have 3 active QBs (4 if you include Sloter). 

I don't know. It really depends on how much faith they have in Teddy at this point. They have said he seems fine, but without game action, who knows how the team really feels. Sloter is kind of a non-factor at this point who is there for an emergency. If the team is at all concerned about Teddy's ability to step in, despite what they have been saying about him, then you have Case and no one else that you truly feel comfortable with. In that scenario, it may make more sense to bring Bradford back just to ensure they have someone that they can put more faith into. The last thing they want is to have our season derailed in the playoffs because of another QB injury. All depends on what they truly think of Bridgewater at this point, and I don't know that anyone outside of the team really knows for sure.

Archived