Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

34 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Exactly.

Teddy is the one that needs to see the field, not Bradford.

I disagree, if both are healthy. Bradford is a better QB right now and has some relevant experience in this offense. If both players are equally healthy, you play Bradford over Teddy but neither replaces Keenum.

24 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Is there some window he needs to activated by to return?  If that's the case, I assume we play it out as long as we can.  If someone gets hurt during that time frame then he gets activated, if not he goes back on IR.

He's eligible to return wildcard weekend. I think after that we have 3 weeks to either activate him or release him. 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I would MUCH rather have Bradford in than Teddy if Keenum gets hurt.

More importantly, Pat Shurmur would likely rather have Bradford. HE and Bradford go back a long way. I assume Bradford will become the backup if he is taken off IR.

I still like Teddy better than Bradford myself.

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I would cry if Bradford had to come in, in the playoffs, and look like the game he did against the Bears.

They should have a better idea whether he can play or not. They are definitely not going to feel like they need force him out there like they did earlier when he was considered the starter.

And I think people need to keep in mind there are lots of injuries that would leave your mobility severely impaired 3 weeks later, yet would be completely healed 3 to 6 months later. 

12 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I would cry if Bradford had to come in, in the playoffs, and look like the game he did against the Bears.

Also, Bradford is just eligible to practice, who knows if he is healthy enough to practice.

Still sad Sam had to go out like this. Love him as a QB.

What if he's healthy and looks as he did week one? I think we forget how good he was and I'm not sure Keenum can play at that level.

What scares me with Bradford right now is his mobility. One of the things that has made Case so successful this year is that he is able to move in the pocket and avoid sacks, which gives the receivers time to make more moves and get open. Case being a smaller QB and being more elusive has probably made our line look better, and I don't think you get anywhere near the same level of elusiveness from Bradford if he were to be as healthy as he was week one. 

Then again, if we play the Saints in the playoffs, it would be fun to have Bradford go out and blast them like he did week one...

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

What if he's healthy and looks as he did week one? I think we forget how good he was and I'm not sure Keenum can play at that level.

That's the thing. I never thought Bradford was very good to begin with. He is a great QB to have as a backup but I don't want him to be the starter for the Vikings.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

That's the thing. I never thought Bradford was very good to begin with. He is a great QB to have as a backup but I don't want him to be the starter for the Vikings.

At this point, I want to stick with Case as the starter. But in terms of who id trust more to start, Bradford or Teddy, I don't know what argument could be made for Teddy if assuming equal health. Perhaps mobility would be the the only benefit with Teddy.

Archived