Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

43 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Any QB could be re-injured.  What medical info, protected by HIPPA laws, do you have on TB, SB that others don't have?  Care to share?  If not, send it to one of the alphabet soup networks anonymously.  Once it is published, we will be able to avoid being labeled 'hypocrites'.   I'll simply refrain from speculating on their health and abilities, and let the coaches and trainers deal with that matter.

Finally, SB's 'last game action' provides good insight into his ability at that time.  Now, compare the 'last game action' of all 4 QBs on the roster for some valuable insight.  Well, on second thought, let me withdraw the adjective 'valuable'.

What are you talking about? What a bad post.

24 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

What are you perplexed about? 

Not confused about anything. Just floored that you continue to post the same tired old lines in every thread without actually saying anything or taking a stance. This coming from the guy accusing people of "post padding". 

If we can't discuss things without concrete proof , what are we doing on an internet message board?

Really, I have no idea who would be the better option for us if Case went down.

Sam, while he is a better throwing QB Teddy, we saw how immobile he was the last Bears game, even when the staff cleared him to play.

Teddy, while being a more mobile QB that probably works better in this offense, how long will the jitters last, just how mobile is he, and is he going to be as good as what he was?

Hard to believe Teddy is instantly going to come back and be exactly where he was at in his development after not playing for 2 years, but than again just his mobility could be the key to being just enough to get us through a game if he can still be semi mobile.

Hurts my head thinking about it, because I am a fan of both of these guys.

If the line and RBs can play perfectly in pass protection, I think Bradford definitely can win the game for you. The odds of that happening when Case has already come out of the game due to injury, are slim. Part of what has made Keenum's run so magical is that he has been able to avoid pressure and keep plays alive. A healthy Bradford cannot do that. That's why I would rather give Teddy a shot. Given the mobility drills that have been posted, Zimmer's confidence in him, and the cut that he made in the pocket on one of his two passing attempts, I think Bridgewater can do more to emulate the QB play that has brought the Vikings this far.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If the line and RBs can play perfectly in pass protection, I think Bradford definitely can win the game for you. The odds of that happening when Case has already come out of the game due to injury, are slim.

That really depends on the situation.  We already saw Bradford rip up the Saints. He's perfectly capable if healthy.

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If the line and RBs can play perfectly in pass protection, I think Bradford definitely can win the game for you. The odds of that happening when Case has already come out of the game due to injury, are slim. Part of what has made Keenum's run so magical is that he has been able to avoid pressure and keep plays alive. A healthy Bradford cannot do that. That's why I would rather give Teddy a shot. Given the mobility drills that have been posted, Zimmer's confidence in him, and the cut that he made in the pocket on one of his two passing attempts, I think Bridgewater can do more to emulate the QB play that has brought the Vikings this far.

Bradford was brilliant as a passer in that first game. He didn't take many hits because he made good decisions and read the field. I struggle with Teddy here, sure the sample size is small, but I don't trust him to get the ball out as effectively as Keemum when avoiding pressure and I don't think he has the throwing talent that Bradford has.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Bradford was brilliant as a passer in that first game. He didn't take many hits because he made good decisions and read the field. I struggle with Teddy here, sure the sample size is small, but I don't trust him to get the ball out as effectively as Keemum when avoiding pressure and I don't think he has the throwing talent that Bradford has.

The line played really well though, and the backs were picking up extra rushers. It wasn't just good decisions, as he was letting routes develop.

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think Bridgewater can do more to emulate the QB play that has brought the Vikings this far.

If his mobility is there, no doubt!

Remember also, the offense is different when Bradford is in the game. Gameplans change for different QB's. Even when Teddy would be in. Just maybe not as much.

I still believe they shorten up the field for Case and only ask him to read half of the field and to just get the ball out.

While our line would have to play pretty damn good for Bradford, he will have more options because of the ability to read the whole field. Better chance to get receivers open and not miss those "open" receivers.

Now you look at Bridgewater, they may also open up the field for him, but is he going to be able to create like Case has this year? Probably not, but he will create more than what Bradford can even if his leg isn't close to where it was pre-injury. But he can't make all the throws.

It is a tough choice, really is going to depend on how they want to scheme the offense against the others teams defense. Bradford was one of the only QB's to really pick apart the Saints defense this year, while Bridgewater would be a new face teams would have to try and gameplan for.

Archived