Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

The name Bradford was said 10 times on the previous thread. It's hardly turned into an OL thread. And OLs do play a role in the Bradford injury dilemma whether you like it or not.

But not in the two posts prior to mine.  What is the reasonable threshold for veering off-topic?  10?  2?  other?

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

But not in the two posts prior to mine.  What is the reasonable threshold for veering off-topic?  10?  2?  other?

here's what you're looking for - if the mods, who are in this forum daily and hourly, don't tell us we're off topic, then you don't need to.

it's that simple, it's nothing to be purplexed about.

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

What's odd about someone who is injured and still being treated not being at practice 'at all'? 

Bradford has been injured and getting treated since week two, yet he’s been present at every practice up until this week. All of the other players who are injured and getting treatment were seen at practice this week. Bradford was not. I’d say that’s odd. 

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I hope Bradford retires (after signing a contract elsewhere next season and getting us a comp. pick). He is probably going to have real knee problems when he is older. That much damage in a joint is almost certainly going to lead to arthritis. 

For what it's worth, I had a torn patellar tendon in '06, and i haven't had a significant injury to it since and I have fairly severe arthritis diagnosed in it. I also did almost 8 years in the Army with special operations after that time which I am sure contributed, but I only have had a sprain or two in that knee since the initial injury. Point being, arthritis is basically a given, and there will probably be plenty more issues.

1 hour ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

For what it's worth, I had a torn patellar tendon in '06, and i haven't had a significant injury to it since and I have fairly severe arthritis diagnosed in it. I also did almost 8 years in the Army with special operations after that time which I am sure contributed, but I only have had a sprain or two in that knee since the initial injury. Point being, arthritis is basically a given, and there will probably be plenty more issues.

Ugh....I'm not looking forward to being old after what I went through last year....

11 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Ugh....I'm not looking forward to being old after what I went through last year....

I'm not even 30 yet and I am nearly in shambles physically. I also kind of bring it upon myself: I won't accept medication for pain, and I deny going under the knife unless it's absolutely necessary.

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

here's what you're looking for - if the mods, who are in this forum daily and hourly, don't tell us we're off topic, then you don't need to.

it's that simple, it's nothing to be purplexed about.

I wasn't speaking to you.  If the mods can't address me directly, then they have no opinion or decision.  Yet, you intervene as if you are a mod.  It's that simple.  Yet, you're perplexed and still try to be a mod.  You're not.  I'll question anything that seems off topic until a mod actually makes a decision on a specific tolerance level of off topic posts.  Your input is biased and isn't worth anything.

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Bradford has been injured and getting treated since week two, yet he’s been present at every practice up until this week. All of the other players who are injured and getting treatment were seen at practice this week. Bradford was not. I’d say that’s odd. 

I don't see the relevance of that to anything.  Getting medical treatments doesn't require presence at the practices.  Special treatments might not be possible at practice facilities.

IIRC, his recent diagnosis/ second opinion, and possibly, treatment, was out of state. 

Explain why you think presence at practice is newsworthy or foretelling ('odd').  IMO, you're reaching for a conclusion to move your QBOTF agenda forward.   

12 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

I wasn't speaking to you.  If the mods can't address me directly, then they have no opinion or decision.  Yet, you intervene as if you are a mod.  It's that simple.  Yet, you're perplexed and still try to be a mod.  You're not.  I'll question anything that seems off topic until a mod actually makes a decision on a specific tolerance level of off topic posts.  Your input is biased and isn't worth anything.

Except I am a mod and I did say it hadn't turned into an OL thread.

vd may not be a mod anymore, but he put in many years of service here, and he's well within his rights as a retired mod to step in at times like this.

You have a long history of second-guessing mod decisions around here. If we want your opinion, we'll ask for it.

Bradford got his second opinion from Dr. Andrews following the game in Puttsburgh. He was back at practice before the the Tampa Bay game. 

Now, Bradford wasn’t seen at any of the team’s practices this week, yet the head coach said he’s feeling “pretty good”

Then, you have the reports that Bradford had a procedure in New York over the weekend, yet the team isnt willing to acknowledge that,

So, you have the team verbally down playing the injury to Bradford’s knee, while their actions make it look like a much more serious situation. Again, odd. 

I'd trust their actions over their words. I think, given what I believe to be true actually is true, that the team's best bet is to have Bridgewater come back and be the starter, announce Bradford had a "setback" conveniently after TB comes back and place him on IR so things will blow over. 

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Except I am a mod and I did say it hadn't turned into an OL thread.

vd may not be a mod anymore, but he put in many years of service here, and he's well within his rights as a retired mod to step in at times like this.

You have a long history of second-guessing mod decisions around here. If we want your opinion, we'll ask for it.

I've read that this board is open to expressing opinions.  One of my opinions is that mods are biased to their favorites or to social / political issues.  This is one of those instances.  Your bias in this issue is apparent.  I've seen criticism of one post off-topic by mods and ex-mods in the past.  I specifically asked for a definitive rule and you avoided my question.  I will continue to second guess mods until you show consistency and no bias.

3 hours ago, Purplexing said:

tonight i will cry in to my pillow.

why don't you PLEASE discuss your concerns with the mods privately? that way we don't have to read them.

you're never going to get a "specific tolerance level" rating from the mods as to what determines whether a topic has veered off course. if a mod does not intervene and ask the members to re-focus themselves, then the discussion is allowed. it's that simple and it's been that way here for 10+ years. just because you demand a line or a law that defines off topic levels, does not mean you are going to get one,.

Archived