Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

@Purplexing: Enough. You have been around long enough to know @vike daddy's standing here, and I don't care if he doesn't have a moderator badge anymore; he has every right to help moderate. If you have issues with that or the moderation here, message @Klomp or I.

If the next post here isn't about Bradford or the Vikings' QB situation this thread will be locked.

11 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I'm not even 30 yet and I am nearly in shambles physically. I also kind of bring it upon myself: I won't accept medication for pain, and I deny going under the knife unless it's absolutely necessary.

I wish I could avoid the knife! Going in for surgery #9 since May 2016.

As for the pain meds....those things are horrid. They grab you and don't let go. 

But yeah, it sucks that Bradford isn't even 40 and he'll be walking like an old man in 10 years or less.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i don't really care what anyone on the team says about Bradford, it just doesn't look like he can reliably play for us any more.

Agreed. I'm not concerned about where he's been or what kind of procedures he's undergone. I just want the guy to be able to walk on that knee in the future, and if that means he sits on the sidelines rehabbing for the rest of the season and never plays another down for us, so be it. I trust Bradford to know his body and Zimmer's ability to handle the situation.

I'm new here, so hi.   I couldn't help but notice in Bradford's last game that he didn't want to be on the field at all.  On the sidelines his facial expressions looked fake, kept sniffling and cringing while just sitting there.  On the field body language was not good.  Unless he had a concussion or something it looked like my 10 year old trying to fake sickness before school.   I hate saying this because that first game was an amazing performance.  Can knee soreness turn a player from that first game into the sniffling scaredecat I saw his last starting game?  I hope I'm not going overboard with my first post. I'm not trying to anger anyone. I had high hopes for Bradford this season.  I have been positively surprised by Case this year after being critical of his signing originally.  He and Teddy maybe being healthy enough to backup soon have resumed my faith a little for QB in this season after what I saw in Bradford's last.  I think Sam Bradford might be ready to retire.  Maybe one hit too many taken.

17 minutes ago, DrQbFolley said:

I'm new here, so hi.   I couldn't help but notice in Bradford's last game that he didn't want to be on the field at all.  On the sidelines his facial expressions looked fake, kept sniffling and cringing while just sitting there.  On the field body language was not good.  Unless he had a concussion or something it looked like my 10 year old trying to fake sickness before school.   I hate saying this because that first game was an amazing performance.  Can knee soreness turn a player from that first game into the sniffling scaredecat I saw his last starting game?  I hope I'm not going overboard with my first post. I'm not trying to anger anyone. I had high hopes for Bradford this season.  I have been positively surprised by Case this year after being critical of his signing originally.  He and Teddy maybe being healthy enough to backup soon have resumed my faith a little for QB in this season after what I saw in Bradford's last.  I think Sam Bradford might be ready to retire.  Maybe one hit too many taken.

I agree - Bradford did not look comfortable at all. He couldn't focus on playing football because he was so worried about his knee. I'm sure he wanted to be out there because any player on that level is a true competitor, but he just couldn't do it. I wonder if he realized during the game that his knee was too far gone and he just couldn't do this anymore.

Also, welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself in the INTRO thread:

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I agree - Bradford did not look comfortable at all. He couldn't focus on playing football because he was so worried about his knee. I'm sure he wanted to be out there because any player on that level is a true competitor, but he just couldn't do it. I wonder if he realized during the game that his knee was too far gone and he just couldn't do this anymore.

Also, welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself in the INTRO thread:

Thank you, I will do that.   It did look like he realized or decided something during that game.   I am partly surprised that the team wasn't aware of what state he was in but maybe he thought he was fine playing practice and then took a small shot to it early on or finally pressed enough to find out during the game.

If so, let the Case, Teddy, Sloter competitions begin!   I would assume Case would really have to screw up to get swapped right now.  He's shown capable.  Many QBs and backups around the league having already looked much worse this season.  The packers might be better off contacting Joe Webb than what I've seen from their backup.  Somewhat surprising or new, the Vikings depth at QB is maybe a strength.

24 minutes ago, DrQbFolley said:

Thank you, I will do that.   It did look like he realized or decided something during that game.   I am partly surprised that the team wasn't aware of what state he was in but maybe he thought he was fine playing practice and then took a small shot to it early on or finally pressed enough to find out during the game.

If so, let the Case, Teddy, Sloter competitions begin!   I would assume Case would really have to screw up to get swapped right now.  He's shown capable.  Many QBs and backups around the league having already looked much worse this season.  The packers might be better off contacting Joe Webb than what I've seen from their backup.  Somewhat surprising or new, the Vikings depth at QB is maybe a strength.

Good points. Every team wants depth at quarterback, but quality is much harder to attain. Even without Bradford, we have a solid backup in Keenum and a playoff-level QB coming off the shelf in Teddy. Other teams wish they were that lucky. I'm hopeful that we can cobble together a stronger season than we had in '16.

4 hours ago, Purplexing said:

I've read that this board is open to expressing opinions.  One of my opinions is that mods are biased to their favorites or to social / political issues.  This is one of those instances.  Your bias in this issue is apparent.  I've seen criticism of one post off-topic by mods and ex-mods in the past.  I specifically asked for a definitive rule and you avoided my question.  I will continue to second guess mods until you show consistency and no bias.

We don't discuss or debate forum administration.  Unfortunately, you continue to ignore your moderators requests to stop this and I have been forced to come in here and comment.  If you have questions or comments about forum rules, moderator actions,  or anything else they should be addressed by private message to a moderator.  If you continue to derail topics with these types of posts, you will face a warning and possible ban.  

6 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Agreed. I'm not concerned about where he's been or what kind of procedures he's undergone. I just want the guy to be able to walk on that knee in the future, and if that means he sits on the sidelines rehabbing for the rest of the season and never plays another down for us, so be it. I trust Bradford to know his body and Zimmer's ability to handle the situation.

It’s completely possible Bradford will never play again but at the same time, the Vikings haven’t put him on IR either.

I just don’t know why people are so eager to jump to conclusions either way. Let Bradford and the medical professionals who have actually examined his knee make the decision.

Archived