Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

So done outlets are saying dam could play in the playoffs for us since Bradford would just miss our last 8 games. Maybe we're on a bye and potentially has 2 week's to get game shape for backup QB, anything is possible if there are other QB injuries.

not that he would be rusty or anything in that scenario....

i think you need to give it up that Bradford will ever play as a Viking again.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

not that he would be rusty or anything in that scenario....

i think you need to give it up that Bradford will ever play as a Viking again.

Give it up?

If Teddy goes down to another injury in 2 week's for the season, would you rather have Sloter or a potentially healthy but rusty Bradford as your backup QB in the playoffs with 2 wks preparation time.

Anything can happen, any Sunday right

Just now, CriminalMind said:

If Teddy goes down to another injury in 2 week's, would you rather have Sloter or a potentially healthy but rusty Bradford as your backup QB in the playoffs with 2 wks preparation time.

if Teddy goes down in two weeks, Bradford is not an option.

Just now, vike daddy said:

if Teddy goes down in two weeks, Bradford is not an option.

Until Vikings say he done for the year (which I haven't seen yet), there is always a chance, and it's fair to keep the chance alive when its a QB they thought was a franchise talent QB.

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Bradford is potentially able to play after the Vikings 16th regular season game. If Vikings get a bye, that would mean 2 week's preparation time.. 

Perhaps that is why he was placed on IR now, to leave open the option of bringing him back for the playoffs?

35 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Give it up?

If Teddy goes down to another injury in 2 week's for the season, would you rather have Sloter or a potentially healthy but rusty Bradford as your backup QB in the playoffs with 2 wks preparation time.

Anything can happen, any Sunday right

I mean, we've been riding with Keenum as the starter and Sloter as the backup for a good part of the season so far, so while it's not the preferred option, I think the team would roll with it. You can almost look at the last 7 weeks or so as Sam already being on the IR. We actually are just now in a better position because Teddy is coming back, but up until this point we were still winning games and staying competitive.

Happy to have Teddy back. Can he knock the rust off and remain healthy? Will he take over the starting QB job?

Sad to see Sam go to the IR. As with Teddy, I’m a fan of Sam. Will he ever don a Viking’s uniform again? Unlikely.

Satisfied with what Keenum has produced thus far. Do we roll with him and insert Teddy in At opportune times throughout the remainder of the season. Is he our QB for the playoffs? Can we afford to keep him next year or will he leave for starter’s $$?

Intrigued at what Sloter offers in the future. Did we grab a raw, but potential franchise QB? After all is said and done, will Sloter end up being the face of the franchise? 

Lots of interesting possibilities at QB for the Vikings in the near future. I really hope one of QB’s can really assert themselves as the franchise QB going forward. Teddy may be the most likely candidate, but so many unknowns with him right now. 

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Bradford is potentially able to play after the Vikings 16th regular season game. If Vikings get a bye, that would mean 2 week's preparation time.. 

Bradford won’t be eligible to return at any point during the regular season. 

With the amount of time Bradford will have missed, no guarantee that his knee will be healthy, yeah, I think I’d rather role with Sloter at that point. 

Archived