2010s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

since the marvel-verse or the terribly overrated Inception will win....

true #1

under the skin

the other good stuff:

melancholia

looper

annihilation

logan

ex machina

source code

Inception has no chance I feel, honestly that movie stinks and could have been awesome but absolutely was not.  Under the Skin is freaking sweet though, but I liked Morgan better than Logan honestly, and Annihilation I thought was kind of stupid but I do love Natalie Portman but it still sucked.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Thank you!  Snowpiercer will not win this thing, but it is a damn sweet movie and is easily top 5 in this 10 year span no question about it. 

sure, if you watch 5 movies total .

sort of kidding, but to me a lot of good scifi has to leave something to the imagination.

snowpiercer, like idiocracy, is a how-to-manual  when it was supposed to be a warning.

Edited by SlevinKelevra

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

since the marvel-verse or the terribly overrated Inception will win....

I definitely get the hate for Inception, but I still don't think it's overrated.  Maybe overrated for the wrong reasons, but underrated at the same time.

I'm sure you're not one of them, but half the people who say it's overrated don't even understand what happened.  They were literally incepted in a movie called inception that's about inception.  Nolan literally explained what he was doing to audiences with the description of inception in the movie.  Plant the idea in someone's subconscious to get a desired effect. 

To have an entire theater sitting there at the end thinking that whether or not the top was about to stop spinning mattered when it did not matter was some 3D Chess level plotting.  The dialogue is crap, the movie is boring, it has very low rewatchability, but what it did was impressive and helps alleviate all its issues. 

Edited by Outpost31

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I definitely get the hate for Inception, but I still don't think it's overrated.  Maybe overrated for the wrong reasons, but underrated at the same time.

I'm sure you're not one of them, but half the people who say it's overrated don't even understand what happened.  They were literally incepted in a movie called inception that's about inception.  Nolan literally explained what he was doing to audiences with the description of inception in the movie.  Plant the idea in someone's subconscious, then do something else.

To have an entire theater sitting there at the end thinking that whether or not the top was about to stop spinning mattered when it did not matter was some 3D Chess level plotting.  The dialogue is crap, the movie is boring, it has very low rewatchability, but what it did was impressive and helps alleviate all its issues. 

I agree and disagree. There's a lot of the film that is rooted or parallels the ideas of Kishōtenketsu  which really stinks for the way that Nolan structures his visuals and sci-fi-"ish" ideas. it could have been better, and to be clear, there is no ambiguity about the ending, which is why it actually fails as Kishōtenketsu.  The most interesting thing about it actually is why he didn't use the "Time" music as more of a leitmotif instead of a traditional score.  It (could) functions so well for so many sensory/emotion enhancing moments in the film.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Orca said:

I wont be voting for any superhero movies 

You should probably watch Logan. Not saying for this poll, but it deserves at least a nom for something. 

Official nominations:
Mad Max: Fury Road (if it fits the category)
Logan  (if it fits the category)
Arrival
Inception

My noms:

Interstellar
Inception
Edge of Tomorrow
Source Code
Avengers: Infinity War
Chronicle
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Star Trek Into Darkness
John Carter
Limitless
Prometheus

And dear god did I hate Melancholia. 

By the end of that movie Kirsten Dunst had me rooting for the killer planet.

Edited by THE DUKE

11 hours ago, The Orca said:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

War for the Planet of the Apes

Jurrasic World

Jurrasic World:Fallen Kingdom

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

10 hours ago, The Orca said:

I wont be voting for any superhero movies 

what?