2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Interested to see how this Clowney, Yannik and Judon situation comes out.

I really don't like any of those guys. If I had to pick one it would be Yannik but to me he is not worth the 11 pick plus more which is what Jacksonville wants. I would move a 3rd for him but not much more. He only had like 8 sacks last year. Clowney would not cost us a pick and his price is dropping so he might not be bad either. I just hate how he NEVER plays 16 games. Judon has bust all over him. I think he had one good year and is trying to cash in. Good fro hm but I hope we stay far away from him. 

Would you guys be against signing Jameis Winston to be the Jets backup? I think it would be a good option as it actually gives the Jets a viable option to win games if Darnold isn’t available. It could be similar to how Bridgewater was for NO. He was a good viable option and played well when called upon and now he’s the QB for Carolina 

2 minutes ago, bspice said:

Would you guys be against signing Jameis Winston to be the Jets backup? I think it would be a good option as it actually gives the Jets a viable option to win games if Darnold isn’t available. It could be similar to how Bridgewater was for NO. He was a good viable option and played well when called upon and now he’s the QB for Carolina 

I dont want to say I'm against it. Bc I'm not really. But my stance on a backup QB is this. It shouldn't be someone that when Sam has a bad stretch that everyone is calling for. I think a guy like Siemian is perfect. He's good enough to hold it down for a few games if a minor injury were to occur. But not good enough to have a QB debate. You bring in a guy thats young and has started pretty much his whole career like Winston. And that starts a whole QB debate. And when we have given the keys to Darnold, that's not what he needs.

Now I know some will say don't baby Darnold. And I get that stance. But if he's playing nervous about his job, he's not going to be playing at his best IMO.

57 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Y’all don’t want Fales because he sucks but don’t want better options because Darnold’s feelings might get hurt?

Come on now, it’s a lose-lose. Dudes missed 3 games each of his first 2 years, we have to be ready for that possibility. 

There's a very clear difference between signing a Jameis Winston and a Joe Flacco and I know that you can see that

On 4/13/2020 at 8:39 PM, jetfuel34 said:

I really don't like any of those guys. If I had to pick one it would be Yannik but to me he is not worth the 11 pick plus more which is what Jacksonville wants. I would move a 3rd for him but not much more. He only had like 8 sacks last year. Clowney would not cost us a pick and his price is dropping so he might not be bad either. I just hate how he NEVER plays 16 games. Judon has bust all over him. I think he had one good year and is trying to cash in. Good fro hm but I hope we stay far away from him. 

What's the alternative though?  We stick with nobodies that can't get pressure off the edge? G Williams is great schematically but you have to have talent at some point. I kinda get not liking Clowney as he does get hurt but Yannick is a 24 year old proven edge. Those guys are rarely available. 

How is he in the locker room? If he’s a good dude, then I’m pro it. If Darnold gets hurt, we need someone to come in and win games. Th fan base and his teammates are 100% behind Sam. Nobody is going to be calling for Winston if Darnold has a bad game. Come on now. 2 bad games, than yea I’ll be flying banners. But let him have 2 bad games first. J/K on that last part.