2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like Tom Brady is down to Tampa or Pats unless a dark horse comes in like the Chargers or Raiders.

I won't believe Chargers not involved until it doesn't happen. If Brady is going to leave, they make too much sense. 

Bucs an interesting fit. Word is Arians is willing to adjust the scheme to accommadate Brady, and like the Chargers there is no shortage of weapons (Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, OJ Howard). They would likely shift their focus to bolstering the OL and adding a pass catching RB (David Johnson?) to complete their offense. Biggest lure with TB would be the coaching staff, but would Brady really leave for that market?

Now the reports are that Tennessee is trying to decide if they want to franchise tag Conklin. Makes no sense. Bc I don’t think it’s possible for them to afford Tannehill at his salary now, Henry at what he’ll cost and Conklin at what he will cost. I’d be beyond pissed if I was Conklin if they tried to tag him. Bc they’re just fishing for a draft pick. Just let the guy go

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Rumor is Jack Conklin is #1 on Jets list to call tomorrow

My belief always was that the Conklin to the Jets story a few weeks ago was true, But the Jets didn’t want to get hit with tampering charges so he had somebody leak to Schefter that it was fake

Edited by Abe56

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

My belief always was that the Conklin to the Jets story a few weeks ago was true, But the Jets didn’t want to get hit with tampering charges so he had somebody leak to Schefter that it was fake

Schefter is not putting his reputation on the line by being our puppet. Maybe he got duped by Rosenhaus to try and get a leg up in negotiations, but I don't think it has anything to do with tampering. And besides, Florio is the biggest buffoon out there. 

28 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Schefter is not putting his reputation on the line by being our puppet. Maybe he got duped by Rosenhaus to try and get a leg up in negotiations, but I don't think it has anything to do with tampering. And besides, Florio is the biggest buffoon out there. 

Didnt say Schefter was in on it

32 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Didnt say Schefter was in on it

He also isn't going to get duped by a front office. His reach goes far and his source list is extensive. What Schefter did was **** on Florio, the biggest clown in the industry. It was a report that Schefter would never traditionally put out there, but he felt compelled to make Florio look like his child. 

If you gave Schefter a sheet of the top 100 FAs, I bet he'd be able to tell you at least 3 teams in on each player, and accurately predict at least 70% of where those guys would land. The reason why he's so good at what he does is because he maintains his relationships as he keeps a lot of his info confidential until it's "OK" to report it. I don't think the Jets are telling him "hey Schefty - just an FYI we like Conklin but we're not going to sign him in 2 weeks". He's not falling for that.