2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Took the Cards 1 season but Kyler Murray going into year 2 will have a WR room filled with DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk & Hakeem Butler.

Baker Mayfield has Odell, Jarvis Landry & others 

Bills just got Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs to a group of speedy WRs.

Meanwhile the Jets are sitting here with a coach who wants to throw more than run and the WRs on the roster are Jamison Crowder & ...Josh Doctson.

I feel really really bad for Sam Darnold if there isn’t a significant addition or 2 there this offseason. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Took the Cards 1 season but Kyler Murray going into year 2 will have a WR room filled with DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk & Hakeem Butler.

Meanwhile the Jets are sitting here with a coach who wants to throw more than run and the WRs on the roster are Jamison Crowder & ...Josh Doctson.

I feel really really bad for Sam Darnold if there isn’t a significant addition or 2 there this offseason. 

Amen.

The Bengals even have Green and Boyd in place for Burrow. Miami has Parker and a promising Preston Williams. Chargers have Allen and Williams in place. TB has Evans and Godwin in place.

Its truly embarrassing what we give Darnold

• Like 1

So just recapping what’s gone on....

At this point I’m done second guessing who we should of signed or who we should of traded for etc. 

I’m willing to wait and see and evaluate after the draft when everything is done. However....

After every crucial point in this franchise over the last 8/10 years (since iv been on here) iv heard the same thing. “Overreaction” “Give the guy time”.

I hope the people saying this yet again hold the team accountable if Darnold gets killed behind the oline we build, or if yet again we never address our pathetic pass rush. They are things year in and year out we have chances to improve and fail to do so. 

Plenty of time left in the offseason of course so let’s see what shakes out. 

• Like 2

Just to let people know. We’ve now reached a stage where nothing we can do on the OL helps us big time or for the long haul. We’re linked to average 30yr olds in Wisneiwski and Van Roten. After signing a poor OT. Yes we will more than likely draft a OT at 11 but that’s only 1 of 5 guys. And at this stage it looks like all the other 4 will be below average or older. Can’t use our 2nd on another OLineman either bc we have no WRs or edge rusher still either. Other option is trading for a risky Trent Williams that is risky with injuries and him sitting out as well as needing to pay him. All this with having to of course give up picks. Which means another need doesn’t get addressed (ie WR).

1 hour ago, DowNY said:

It’s just years and years of bad drafting that has caused this. Can’t even blame Douglas/Gase because they inherited this mess so hopefully they start putting some things in place.

Starts with drafting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just to let people know. We’ve now reached a stage where nothing we can do on the OL helps us big time or for the long haul. We’re linked to average 30yr olds in Wisneiwski and Van Roten. After signing a poor OT. Yes we will more than likely draft a OT at 11 but that’s only 1 of 5 guys. And at this stage it looks like all the other 4 will be below average or older. Can’t use our 2nd on another OLineman either bc we have no WRs or edge rusher still either. Other option is trading for a risky Trent Williams that is risky with injuries and him sitting out as well as needing to pay him. All this with having to of course give up picks. Which means another need doesn’t get addressed (ie WR).

I wanna see your reaction if we take Austin Jackson

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Just to let people know. We’ve now reached a stage where nothing we can do on the OL helps us big time or for the long haul. We’re linked to average 30yr olds in Wisneiwski and Van Roten. After signing a poor OT. Yes we will more than likely draft a OT at 11 but that’s only 1 of 5 guys. And at this after it looks like all the other 4 will be below average or older. Can’t use our 2nd on another OLineman either bc we have no WRs or edge rusher still either.

I’d rather **** it off and just sign Clowney and Fowler. At least we’d have a pass rush lol. 

Baker and Sam were drafted a few picks apart two years ago. 

The Browns have secured OBJ to go alongside Landry, Njoku (1st round pick) Hooper and have bolstered their oline with Conklin. They will also pick one place above us in the draft so could go get another starter for their oline. 

Whilst not perfect at least they are giving Baker a good chance to succeed. I hope we can say the same for Sam. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It’s just years and years of bad drafting that has caused this. Can’t even blame Douglas/Gase because they inherited this mess so hopefully they start putting some things in place.

Starts with drafting

Does it though? In an ideal world of course it does but by plugging holes in FA with good quality players is the base to build off come the draft. 

Best case we can build a good team in three years of drafting, but at what expense. What if Sam is ****ed because we can’t protect him? 

It’s not an all or nothing type thing. We can do both. 

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 1

Just now, xenajets said:

Does it though? In an ideal world of course it does but by plugging holes in FA with good quality players is the base to build of come the draft. 

Best case we can build a good team in three years of drafting, but at what expense. What if Sam is ****ed because we can’t protect him? 

It’s not an all or nothing type thing. We can do both. 

You can’t choose who you sign. Depends on who’s available, where they wanna live, how much, etc...

Easy to say “we should have signed”

With drafting you have your pick depending on who’s available. 

Macc set the tone for what we currently have assembled. If he drafted better, we wouldn’t be losing our minds right now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You can’t choose who you sign. Depends on who’s available, where they wanna live, how much, etc...

Easy to say “we should have signed”

With drafting you have your pick depending on who’s available. 

Macc set the tone for what we currently have assembled. If he drafted better, we wouldn’t be losing our minds right now. 

Agreed. But somehow Macc convinced big name guys to come here (especially last year in Mosley, Bell and even had Barr convinced for a bit).

What I think we do have to realize is that this is JDs 1st time being a GM and he might be in over his head. I know that’s jumping the gun. But it might be true. Just bc you sat and learned behind some successful GMs doesn’t mean he will be one.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. But somehow Macc convinced big name guys to come here (especially last year in Mosley, Bell and even had Barr convinced for a bit).

What I think we do have to realize is that this is JDs 1st time being a GM and he might be in over his head. I know that’s jumping the gun. But it might be true. Just bc you say and learned behind some successful GMs doesn’t mean he will be one.

Macc threw money at guys. Not like he was some great salesmen. We bidded against ourSelves for Bell, have Mosley a crazy deal even Baltimore wouldn’t match, Tru got big money too. 

Name a guy who Ozzie or Roseman signed that was well above their market value? It’s just not how he was taught things and Ozzie learned from Belichick who rarely does that. 

Douglas is on a 6 year deal. We as fans want to win tomorrow. So I get the disconnect. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Man the overreactions are priceless.

Still got my eye on McGovern, Fowler, and a CB like Waynes.  Bring back Poole and double dip early for WR and OG help in the draft.

McGovern is average to below average.

Offense is our issue and Fant and IF we got McGovern aren’t helping us much. As well as no moves at WR yet either.

But you’re right we need more defense as always like every offseason.