RT: Edoga, McDermott

RG: Winters

C: McGovern, Harrison

LG: Lewis, Braden

LT: Fant

Pretty Gross...
We need something spicy!

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I understand that JD was responsible for last 3 drafts with Eagles.  Still, he is young.

edit: for quicker reference...

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/eagles

From everything I've read, his niche is the offensive line and history backs that up. The Ravens used him as their primary "OL scout" in Baltimore and he's credited with finding Marshal Yanda. He stacked the final OL board before Ozzie reviewed it. Found tons of steals in rounds 4-7 and throughout his time there and some really great starters in rounds 1-3. He also is credited with discovering Joe Flacco a season before they selected him. 

His drafts in Philly have been uneven, although must keep in mind that guys from 2018-2019 are still developing. Derek Barnett is solid, Sidney Jones has fallen out of favor, Rasul Douglas is adequate, and the rest of the 2017 class is pretty much a wash. 2018 looks like it's going to be a good group all considering. They really did a good job on finding high upside contributors on day 3. I think Andre Dillard will be fine and Sanders was a good pick. The rest I can't judge. 

The best thing a Jets fan can do is adopt realistic expectations. Not every player we select is going to pan out. We've gone on and on about statistics, but I think part of it is just using common sense. It's an elite OT class at the top? Draft an OL. It's the deepest WR class ever? Draft a few in round 2-5. Not every single one will pan out, but if the Jets can land 3 future starters and 1-2 contributors we had a good draft. Ideally those successes will be at OL and WR. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

“The Texans did speak to the Eagles at one point about DeAndre Hopkins. And I think the Eagles decided at this point in this time, with everything that you were going to have to do, you were going to have to pay the Texans, you were going to have to pay Hopkins a new contract, give up compensation ... I think they decided that that wasn’t the right move. Now, I don’t know if that’s because this is maybe the deepest draft at wide receiver there is ever, or if they liked what they had, or if they had other ideas in mind. I don’t know why. But for whatever reason, I think they believe it wasn’t worth it. So, they did have conversations there.”

Well then it’d be pretty idiotic than to give Robby anything more than 10mill. Since this class is so star studded

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well then it’d be pretty idiotic than to give Robby anything more than 10mill. Since this class is so star studded

Starting to think it will be something like a 1 year, $12 million deal with incentives to push it further

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm not going to argue over this anymore. It's clear you're extremely close-minded and really don't understand the economics of football. 

Look at where that puts him on the list of paid WRs and look at the others production. It’s pretty simple. Especially since every WR in his range is not pretty much a 1 trick pony. And game developed quite a bit more than his has

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Look at where that puts him on the list of paid WRs and look at the others production. It’s pretty simple. Especially since every WR in his range is not pretty much a 1 trick pony. And game developed quite a bit more than his has

Looking at where brand new contracts fall on thr list of contracts is always silly as most were signed several years ago or are on a rookie deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This isn’t our money lmao

that 2m should mean nothing especially on a 1 year deal

Same guy who said "Sign me up" to trading for Alshon Jeffery, a player who is very much a shell of his former self, which would require paying him $9.91 million guaranteed for the year (2 years, $22.91 million) while also giving up a draft pick... wouldn't budge on giving Robby Anderson a 1 year, $12 million contract. 

I laugh.

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This isn’t our money lmao

that 2m should mean nothing especially on a 1 year deal

So just give guys whatever bc it’s not our money? He gets overpaid... that means we can’t get additional players or get some other good player bc we couldn’t offer that couple mill more.

Like I said look who’s in that 12mill per range and tell me if Robby belongs in those names when you talk about best WRs.