Browns release LB Christian Kirksey

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Does this have anything to do with retaining Schobert, or is he still good as gone?

Deppends on what he is offered in free agency. Im guessig someone offers him stupid money, 14 million per year or so.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Who are the Browns rolling with at LB besides Mack Wilson? How has Takitaki looked?

Takitaki takes off like a rocket, impressive athleticism, but, not sure of he was on target, a couple pf guys slipped out of coverage when he was on them too. 

I think both will be above average starters, but we in brownsland will call then pro bowers as soon as they geta sack or an int.

Kirksey is a good dude and a decent player, but is often injured and is overpaid. With Schobert supposedly on his way out, I thought there might be a small chance that Kirksey would be brought back. But most Browns fans saw this coming as early as a year ago.

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Does this have anything to do with retaining Schobert, or is he still good as gone?

Who are the Browns rolling with at LB besides Mack Wilson? How has Takitaki looked?

Mack Wilson definitely showed flashes last year, but still has a ways to go. Takitaki barely played in the first half or so of the season (IIRC he was injured) and mainly came in here and there. He's energetic and could cause problems rushing the QB and collapsing the pocket, but he takes a lot of bad angles. I think the potential is there, but he is very far from a sure thing.

I'd imagine Berry and company have plans either in the draft or FA to address our LB situation. Assuming Schobert is gone, our LBs are gonna look real questionable going into next season.

Christian Kirksey: Hard Knocks music star. 

For real though, pretty good linebacker but can’t stay healthy and was never going to be around with that contract after missing most of the past two seasons. Good on him though, he stayed healthy and played well enough to cash in big on part of a second contract. He could pop up next year and be a pretty good player for somebody if he can stay healthy.