GDT - Week 3; Brady's 50th GWD.

Hunter2_1

9 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

.Cannon being out, which seems probable if he has a concussion, would be a big problem given the next man up is pretty bad (either Fleming or Waddle). They'd need to keep an extra blocker in on most plays.

I imagine them going with a lot of 6 man fronts with both Fleming and Waddle. 

If Cannon is out they'll need 6 blockers and to gun run heavy. Run to left a lot early. Quick screens and dump-offs. No long developing plays, because Watt will detroy Waddle/Fleming one-on-one.

Of course, McDaniels might get cute and decide to call some really slow-developing PA passes right out of the gate...and nearly get Brady killed.

With most of the receiving corps banged up, I'm really thinking this could be a game where we lean on Gillislee. He's primarily only seen goal line work, but I think he'll be leaned on this week.

I saw reports that Gronk didn't practice, but he was seen blocking with Allen. I'm happy that the injury doesn't seem to be too serious. He almost gave me a heart attack (thanks Tony Romo) on Sunday.

Side note: Speaking of Allen, does anyone disagree that he's been a disappointment? Haven't been watching him too closely blocking wise, but I wish they just paid Bennett. Seeing what he ended up getting from GB and how the market turned out, I think the Patriots probably do too. It's early though.

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

With most of the receiving corps banged up, I'm really thinking this could be a game where we lean on Gillislee. He's primarily only seen goal line work, but I think he'll be leaned on this week.

I saw reports that Gronk didn't practice, but he was seen blocking with Allen. I'm happy that the injury doesn't seem to be too serious. He almost gave me a heart attack (thanks Tony Romo) on Sunday.

Side note: Speaking of Allen, does anyone disagree that he's been a disappointment? Haven't been watching him too closely blocking wise, but I wish they just paid Bennett. Seeing what he ended up getting from GB and how the market turned out, I think the Patriots probably do too. It's early though.

Allen hasn't been a disappointment to me, he's been about what I expected. Bennett, in games where Gronk was healthy, wasn't usually much more involved than Allen has been.

As far as Bennett goes, the Pats were interested in bringing him back but he priced himself out of their range. The Pats couldn't wait around and wait to see if the market materialized

8 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

My 100% speculation is that Bennett (and Long) got their ring and then decided to go elsewhere to get paid but also largely because they didn't want to have to work so hard again.

Probably a good week (if there is such a thing and we HAVE to) to have all of those injuries. I really think the Texans are a dog this year. If I could bring one back though, it wouldnt be Gronk or Hightower, it's Cannon for this game. Nothing on their O scares me, the only thing concerning is their ability within their front 7, in particular, putting pressure on QB. And obviously Watt is real life superman.

Thinking this is going to be a low scoring game. I have absolutely no fear in the Texans offense given their line, lack of depth at receiver, and rookie QB. The defense could be problematic depending on who ends up playing (Cannon, plethora of receivers). 

Archived