Jaguars franchise tag DE Yannick Ngakoue

.Buzz

Holdup was what Yan was looking for $ wise which doesn't surprise me. Like I said, he kept saying he wants to get to FA so he can get paid what he thinks he's worth, well,,,

Edited by .Buzz

16 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He said in the tweet if he continues liking/tweeting it's a bad sign, so here we are.

It's not like it took some tremendous "insider insight" from the Dilla, to suggest that if Yan continues trashing the Jaguars on social media after the Tag is applied...it's probably not gonna work out in the long-term.  Like no, the player actively reinforcing on social media that he doesn't want to play for the team isn't a good sign.  It's just common sense, not expect insider reporting.

Just such a stupid situation all around.  I hate being a fan of this team.  They continually find new and novel ways to disappoint me.

I hope they can at least manage to squeeze some decent draft capital out of someone, for a near elite pass rusher.    Like some small consolation prize, for one of the draft picks that they actually did well on, and exceeded expectations.  Maybe they'll recoup something with a tiny chance of turning into something as good as Yan has been.

Got $15M here for a bum like Myles Jack who can't play MLB...but no room in the budget to give a top tier game-changing edge rusher what they're worth.  Either gotta insult them with low offers until they leave...or they just straight up don't want to play for a team that's slowly moving to London 1 game at a time.  Either way, i hate being a Jaguars fan.  It sucks man.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's not like it took some tremendous "insider insight" from the Dilla, to suggest that if Yan continues trashing the Jaguars on social media after the Tag is applied...it's probably not gonna work out in the long-term.  Like no, the player actively reinforcing on social media that he doesn't want to play for the team isn't a good sign.  It's just common sense, not expect insider reporting.

I...never said it was?

Edited by .Buzz

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Just such a stupid situation all around.  I hate being a fan of this team.  They continually find new and novel ways to disappoint me.

I hope they can at least manage to squeeze some decent draft capital out of someone, for a near elite pass rusher.    Like some small consolation prize, for one of the draft picks that they actually did well on, and exceeded expectations.  Maybe they'll recoup something with a tiny chance of turning into something as good as Yan has been.

Got $15M here for a bum like Myles Jack who can't play MLB...but no room in the budget to give a top tier game-changing edge rusher what they're worth.  Either gotta insult them with low offers until they leave...or they just straight up don't want to play for a team that's slowly moving to London 1 game at a time.  Either way, i hate being a Jaguars fan.  It sucks man.

Is money really the #1 problem here? 

27 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is money really the #1 problem here? 

They literally offered him $22M per. So no...and next year we're projected to have 114M in cap. So idk why money was even brought up.

19 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

From the outside I would say the owner is the #1 problem, followed very closely by the head coach.

Agree as far as the owner, but the head coach? He had (prior to this off-season) no power to pay players/be a part of personnel decisions. How could he have done anything with this Yan situation when it's just that, about being paid?

Edited by .Buzz

3 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

🤷‍♂️ I dont think Clowney leaves

and buffalo has edge rushers

Buffalo doesn't have anyone close to Yan off the edge and have a ton of $$. 

There's already been reports Seattle and Jacksonville have had talks around a trade.