Jaguars franchise tag DE Yannick Ngakoue

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

TBH i think we should have transition tagged him purely for the match ability

nah, you don't want other teams setting his market or having any communication with him at all. The only thing that would do is hurt your negotiating position tremendously. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Judon + Hayden Hurst for Yan :P

It's interesting tbh, but I think the better route is to go for picks.

Think next year the Jags have like 114M in cap avail as things sit currently with no one besides Yan (if he even would) to sign. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

nah, you don't want other teams setting his market or having any communication with him at all. The only thing that would do is hurt your negotiating position tremendously. 

What negotiating position? He ain't staying. The transition tag enables them to poison pill Ngakoue

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

What negotiating position? He ain't staying. The transition tag enables them to poison pill Ngakoue

1) poison pills aren't allowed

2) teams talking to Ngakoue absolutely hurts the jaguars negotiating power with other teams with regards to a trade. It could potentially limit the amount of suitors and dry up his trade market. Right now, teams that are interested have to call the jags rather than Ngokoue's agent. If that fact alone doesn't show you why the transition tag hurts the jags leverage then I don't know what to tell you. 

I guess the transition tag would be the only path to a LTD because he would sign an offer sheet and then they could match, whereas right now he wont sign anything with them. With that being said though, no way would that work out well for either party. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I find it exceptionally cute that people don’t think tampering goes on with every star player. I mean how would Melvin Gordon ever have got the info to tweet at least one team in the league is willing to make me the highest paid back in the league without tampering. So many layers of insulation with the teams so many opportunities to pass on interest, and “hypotheticals.” Yannick will be the highest paid defensive player in the league for whoever has already told him they will write that check for a hot minute. Then Joey Bosa will get extended and surpass that number. 

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

I find it exceptionally cute that people don’t think tampering goes on with every star player.

Oh I definitely know that tampering happens with everyone in the league. Brady was video chatting with Mike vrabel in public for Christ sake. Everyone knows

The distinction I am making is that the jags now control 100% of his rights, whereas some other team would be able to offer him a formal contract under the transition tag. All roads lead through Jacksonville. 

Teams know they can't make a deal without Jax, it changes the conversation. Jags can also inform the league they want no further communication and the league can contact his agent and threaten sanctions for further communication. Just because theyve talked doesnt mean they can continue to communicate in this scenario, because ya know... it IS against the rules (technically)

I mean how would Melvin Gordon ever have got the info to tweet at least one team in the league is willing to make me the highest paid back in the league without tampering.

You believed that? Lolol that's propaganda and disinformation for sure. No one in the NFL offered him anything close to that. That's him and his agent trying to raise his market value. Very clearly and obviously. So obviously I think it actually lowers his value lol 

So many layers of insulation with the teams so many opportunities to pass on interest, and “hypotheticals.” Yannick will be the highest paid defensive player in the league for whoever has already told him they will write that check for a hot minute. Then Joey Bosa will get extended and surpass that number. 

He definitely is getting paid. Hopefully he continues to grind (unless he goes to the nfc, then I hope he get fat) 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

He definitely is getting paid. Hopefully he continues to grind (unless he goes to the nfc, then I hope he get fat)

I wish the Eagles could afford him; only $45M in cap space and they'll likely spend almost all of that on a FA CB and WR -- needed for sure; but the Eagles love QB pressures, and Ngakoue would be an important core piece for 6-7 years

1 hour ago, TDTimes said:

I wish the Eagles could afford him; only $45M in cap space and they'll likely spend almost all of that on a FA CB and WR -- needed for sure; but the Eagles love QB pressures, and Ngakoue would be an important core piece for 6-7 years

Good pass rushers are welcomed on any roster. Eagles DL definitely took a step back the last two years. Injuries will do that to you 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pwny said:

G3P2UKg.jpg

This says more than Dilla’s speculation that him being quiet is a good sign for him staying. 

He said in the tweet if he continues liking/tweeting it's a bad sign, so here we are.

Edited by .Buzz