CB James Bradberry signs with Giants

Gmen19851

26 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Like the move. Was playing great last year against other teams top WRs. Now bring in Clowney and Schoebert or Martinez

Schoebert/Littleton for sure but I would rather spend Clowney’s money on OL/FS

From Walters Draft website >>>>>> James Bradberry, CB, Panthers. Age: 27. star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif
Signed with Giants (3 years, $45 million)

James Bradberry struggles to tackle, but he covered No. 1 receivers this past season and did a great job in that regard. He's only 27 (as of August), and will be due a big contract, or the franchise tag.

Just now, HOF19 said:

From Walters Draft website >>>>>> James Bradberry, CB, Panthers. Age: 27. star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif
Signed with Giants (3 years, $45 million)

James Bradberry struggles to tackle, but he covered No. 1 receivers this past season and did a great job in that regard. He's only 27 (as of August), and will be due a big contract, or the franchise tag.

Been reading on other places that concern about his tackling...…. :(

12 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

Schoebert/Littleton for sure but I would rather spend Clowney’s money on OL/FS

I dont know man, i think Clowney is the guy we want. And i think we are gonna get him. Only 2 or 3 teams are left with the money to entice him. Us, the Jets and the Colts. Seattle is my darkhorse just because he said he did like living there and playing for the Seahawks but my money is on him moving back to the east coast and either playing for the Gmen or the Jets. 

1 minute ago, Giants4eva said:

I dont know man, i think Clowney is the guy we want. And i think we are gonna get him. Only 2 or 3 teams are left with the money to entice him. Us, the Jets and the Colts. Seattle is my darkhorse just because he said he did like living there and playing for the Seahawks but my money is on him moving back to the east coast and either playing for the Gmen or the Jets. 

Colts are out imo with the Buckner signing.  I think Clowney is going to cost too much for what he brings. He doesn’t generate sacks and we need someone that shows up in the stat sheet. Having two players that “generate pressure” but can’t turn pressure into sacks doesn’t help us when we have no one on roster competent enough to take advantage and clean up the plays. 

I’d rather get a solid C and undo the stupid Martinez signing and get Littleton/Schoebert, but I wouldn’t hate Clowney. 

7 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

Colts are out imo with the Buckner signing.  I think Clowney is going to cost too much for what he brings. He doesn’t generate sacks and we need someone that shows up in the stat sheet. Having two players that “generate pressure” but can’t turn pressure into sacks doesn’t help us when we have no one on roster competent enough to take advantage and clean up the plays. 

I’d rather get a solid C and undo the stupid Martinez signing and get Littleton/Schoebert, but I wouldn’t hate Clowney. 

I dont see think Martinez was a bad signing at all. I like the way he plays and if we stick 3-4 its what he's accustomed to playing. If we dont get Clowney, i could see us going after multiple OL. Still would like to come away with Connor McGovern

55 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Analytics says that coverage is more valuable than passrush in today's quick passing offenses.

I don't mind throwing big money at a cornerback.  I haven't seen Bradberry play in a couple years but I remember seeing him as a rookie and being impressed with the size and length.  6'1 212. 33.5 inch arms.  He's a big corner.

Edited by Gmen

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Analytics says that coverage is more valuable than passrush in today's quick passing offenses.

I don't mind throwing big money at a cornerback.  I haven't seen Bradberry play in a couple years but I remember seeing him as a rookie and being impressed with the size and length.  6'1 212. 33.5 inch arms.  He's a big corner.

Ya im on board with the Bradberry signing. I just think that we are the team that ultimately ends up with Clowney. I cant really see why we wouldnt. I think its us or the Jets at this point. As far as Bradberry he finished last season playing the best football of his career covering top WRs of other teams. I caught a couple games with the Panthers and i liked what i saw out of him. 

2 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Ya im on board with the Bradberry signing. I just think that we are the team that ultimately ends up with Clowney. I cant really see why we wouldnt. I think its us or the Jets at this point. As far as Bradberry he finished last season playing the best football of his career covering top WRs of other teams. I caught a couple games with the Panthers and i liked what i saw out of him. 

Lots Money for a player with bad knees is the reason