Game 3 GDT: SNF Raiders vs Skins

SilverNBlackFan

Should be a good game. With Pierre Garcion and DeSean Jackson gone, Cousin's play has fallen off. Crowder, Reed (may not play) and Pryor are still capable, but Pryor is the only guy that wasn't there last year. The make up of their offense is a lot different than last year, they are more of a running team in my opinion. Thats where I will focus much of my attention when watching the defense. I'll also be focused on Pryor, wondering if this is the game he breaks out in this year. Offensively, I don't think they really slow us down. As many have said Norman travels with the #1, so it will be interesting to see who he covers. If I were the Skins D Coordinator I'd put Norman on Crabtree.

I'm from Maryland so this game has always been pretty big in my house. My dad will be at the game, and he has never scene the Raiders lose to the Skins live (knock on wood).

The only plus matchup I see for Wash is Kerrigan against Newhouse. Norman will lock onto 1 WR, leaving the others to make plays. The LB/S for Wash are not great, so there is going to be a lot of chances for TEs and RBs in this one.

Oakland should be able to score early and often to put this one away. Raiders defense will have a bigger test this week. Pryor is already popping off with bulletin board material, so really hope someone locks him down.

Watching highlights from Wash/LA game. The chunk plays Wash had were on screens and delayed handoffs/draws. Defense stays disciplined, they should be fine. But Cousins will be looking to get the ball out quick w/ Mack and company pressuring. 

Oakland 35 Washington 17

The only saving grace Washington's D seems to really have right now in the passing game is Josh Norman. Sure, he might negate one of Crabtree or Cooper, but that's the beauty of this offense. They have to cover 2 #1's, 2 talented TE's, a more than serviceable slot guy in Roberts, and even Patterson if we go 4 WR sets. Then they still have to account for what's turning into one heck of a 3-headed RB attack. Looking at their Defense, I see us able to jump out to an early lead, forcing them to abandon the run game. Their passing game hasn't been all that crisp so far, and I think that becomes the deciding factor. 

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/910545578920091648

I don't know how to embed tweets. Doesn't sound like he was being salty. Just confident. 

Not sure what you're doing wrong...

But here is what I do -

When you have the tweet selected on your screen as the only tweet you can see, not just have scrolled to view it on your timeline, you copy the url from the address bar and paste it in the body of the post where you want the tweet to be.

The forum will automatically convert the url from a link to a viewed tweet and display a pop up asking if you want to keep it that way or display as a link instead. When this pop up comes up either just ignore it and finish your post or click the x in the bottom corner to exit the pop up and finish your post. That's it.

18 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Except that we drafted a rookie QB to replace him and traded him for pennies on the dollars.

if he was willing to convert with the Raiders he might probably still have been here, we gave him an opportunity to play QB and it didn't work out.

Just now, Geezy said:

if he was willing to convert with the Raiders he might probably still have been here, we gave him an opportunity to play QB and it didn't work out.

Everything you said is true but that doesn't mean that he doesn't view what I said as a reason to be salty at the team and front office.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Anybody know if we are wearing our home or away jerseys?

We don't know yet. Washington will decide tomorrow or Saturday.

Most of the time when the weather is nice in the beginning of the year and the home team plays outdoors they will wear their light unis which puts us in black. Then when it gets colder outdoors the home team wants their darkest unis to attract the sun as much as possible. I would guess we'll be in black but it's up to the them.

18 hours ago, R8DR8five said:

Should be a good game. With Pierre Garcion and DeSean Jackson gone, Cousin's play has fallen off. Crowder, Reed (may not play) and Pryor are still capable, but Pryor is the only guy that wasn't there last year. The make up of their offense is a lot different than last year, they are more of a running team in my opinion. Thats where I will focus much of my attention when watching the defense. I'll also be focused on Pryor, wondering if this is the game he breaks out in this year. Offensively, I don't think they really slow us down. As many have said Norman travels with the #1, so it will be interesting to see who he covers. If I were the Skins D Coordinator I'd put Norman on Crabtree.

I'm from Maryland so this game has always been pretty big in my house. My dad will be at the game, and he has never scene the Raiders lose to the Skins live (knock on wood).

Crabs has been the producer of late.  3 TD's last week.  My first thought was Norman on Crabs but if they do that it is highly likely Cooper will have a field day.  I know he has had the dropsies of late but he's too dynamic a receiver to ignore.  We'll see come Sunday.  My bet is Norman on Coop.

Archived