Doom Eternal

showtime

I really like the way combat flows in this game, and the way they've made the weaponry more specialized as compared to 2016. My only real complaint at the moment is that there are areas that force you to complete jumping puzzles that are less than intuitive in order to proceed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know I'm not expecting a huge, overarching story from Doom, like we would expect from a Mass Effect game, but I'm impressed with the lore they've added in the last two iterations.  At least if they had these guys writing the Doom movie, maybe we wouldn't have had such a bad movie.  

I consider the lore to be mostly fanservice. But I'm glad they put some effort into it. I just wish they'd woven it into the actual gameplay narrative better.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:40 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Idk I found the incorporation of the story elements in this one to be way worse. They leaned into the joke too much.

Yes and no. I think they were trying to walk a tightrope between telling the story and making it too obtrusive and breaking up the flow of the game. They didn't always succeed. But the background lore was interesting enough on its own.