The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

9 hours ago, Eric said:

There are two players in the draft that are highly underrated in my opinion.

Akrum Wadley from Iowa is the first, his feet are the best in the draft and it isn't even close. I don't know if he can handle a full workload in the NFL but when he is on the field defenses need to know where he is at all times. I really like him.

The other is Harrison Phillips, the nose tackle from Stanford. His production last year as a 1 tech is off the charts and nobody talks about him at all. He will be a 10 year pro, maybe not superstar but highly productive. Tim Settle gets a lot of love and he fell down during positional drills at combine and his athletic #s sucked. Might end up being a good player but way way overrated.

If we could end up with a player like Fitzpatrick in the first, Phillips in the 2nd, trade back into the 4th for two selections with Akrum Wadley and Wyatt Teller from VT we would be legit.

Never gonna happen but I'd be happy.

What underrated player out there would you guys like to see us get? I'm sure there's some different opinions out there

Harrison Phillips has been one of my ideal 2nd round picks!!! I think I mocked him and Payne too us because I thought having Phillips who can get after a QB on 3rds and even rotate at DE in base and set a edge against the run. I doubt he falls to our second but I agree Phillips is a heck of a talent

See I just really don’t see any way we can realistically go DT in round 1. As much as I want to sure up that position, I just think there will be a higher rated player at another position. Now a ideal situation could be trading back and grabbing Guice and when Payne is sitting there around 25 trading back in and grabbing the two players I believe this team is in love with.

12 hours ago, Eric said:

There are two players in the draft that are highly underrated in my opinion.

Akrum Wadley from Iowa is the first, his feet are the best in the draft and it isn't even close. I don't know if he can handle a full workload in the NFL but when he is on the field defenses need to know where he is at all times. I really like him.

The other is Harrison Phillips, the nose tackle from Stanford. His production last year as a 1 tech is off the charts and nobody talks about him at all. He will be a 10 year pro, maybe not superstar but highly productive. Tim Settle gets a lot of love and he fell down during positional drills at combine and his athletic #s sucked. Might end up being a good player but way way overrated.

If we could end up with a player like Fitzpatrick in the first, Phillips in the 2nd, trade back into the 4th for two selections with Akrum Wadley and Wyatt Teller from VT we would be legit.

Never gonna happen but I'd be happy.

What underrated player out there would you guys like to see us get? I'm sure there's some different opinions out there

I think Phillips is one heck of a player, the reason he’s not ptojected as a 1st round pick is that he doesnt be a high ceiling.

Wadley is only 190 pounds, so just like Justin Jackson from Northwestern who are both great backs, they’re not viewed as every down backs in the NFL. I think both will be Chris Thomson types who get 5 to 10 carries a game and are 3rd down back and used as receivers most of the game.

If they weighed 200 or over they’d probably be viewed as late 2nd or 3rd round picks, but that’s not the case. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Or, you know, maybe stay put in the first and get better talent and trade back in the second to get the depth they squandered?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

1Jy4.gif

1. Hoping this is a smoke screen.
  2. If it isn't, it is yet another time that I wish the collective members of this forum were in charge of the franchise.

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m confused? How is landing Payne and Guice a bad thing? 

Because:

1. The Redskins would trade down in the first, missing out on better players.
  2. The Redskins would trade back into the first, losing out on depth they need at other positions.

Maybe they manage to finagle the trades such that they get more by giving up on top players than they give up to get Guice, but that's an awfully thin needle. That "plan" feels like making trades to make trades.

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

The Redskins would trade down in the first, missing out on better players.

There's no way to know whether they will be better players though.  Isn't it better to have more chances to land a stud than put all your eggs in one basket?  

If they could land both, I would say bravo. Two day 1 impact starters at positions of need. No brainer if you can pull it off. It's going to cost our 2nd round pick this year and next year's first to pull it off though. Maybe there's more to these compensatory picks we got next year than meets the eye. Something may be brewing at skins park.

Archived