The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

I’m hopeful that there will still be 4 on the board for us at #44. Will personally be very surprised if there aren’t still at least 3.

I would probably take either of the UGA guys at 44 if they’re still on the board. But if they were gone, I can’t say I would necessarily take Jones or Penny or Johnson if there was still a top interior OL prospect like Wynn or Price or Daniels (or Hernandez, though it’s looking like he’s pretty solidly out of our range at this point) available. Or some other unexpected falling stud at a position of general need.

And if we did pass in the 2nd, that’s when I’d just stand pat. None of those guys are making it to our 4th, and I’m not sure even acquiring a moderately high 3rd (pulling the “Alvin Kamara”) would get us any of them. 

40 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m hopeful that there will still be 4 on the board for us at #44. Will personally be very surprised if there aren’t still at least 3.

I would probably take either of the UGA guys at 44 if they’re still on the board. But if they were gone, I can’t say I would necessarily take Jones or Penny or Johnson if there was still a top interior OL prospect like Wynn or Price or Daniels (or Hernandez, though it’s looking like he’s pretty solidly out of our range at this point) available. Or some other unexpected falling stud at a position of general need.

And if we did pass in the 2nd, that’s when I’d just stand pat. None of those guys are making it to our 4th, and I’m not sure even acquiring a moderately high 3rd (pulling the “Alvin Kamara”) would get us any of them. 

Don't underestimate Jones, Penny or Johnson. Georgia RBS are both great and would take either one honestly but their online in college was no joke. Made them look pretty good, which like I say they are good. Ronald Jones intrigues me honestly, USC line play not great by any standard last year and he still had great success 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I’d take KJ but that’s it. He’s one of my favorite prospects in the draft obviously. 

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Am I the only one who thinks then Giants are going to take Bradley Chubb? I also think the Bears take Vita Vea. Going to be a weird draft. 

Not really. I am feeling NYG are at a 30% Chubb, 30% trade back, 20% Rosen, 20% Barkley outlook on that #2 pick. 

I agree with Lavar - Gonna be a weird draft. We usually always know the number 1 pick in advance and usually number 2 but this year --it's all a crap shoot. Mainly because the teams are Q B hungry but the Q B's all have questions . 

I just hope we don't add to the weirdness . It's going to be very exciting Thursday night. 

• There are a number of teams picking in the top 20 of the second round that are looking to add talent at running back. Fortunately for those teams there are some excellent running back prospects who should be available in the opening frame of the draft's second night. Two players who may or may not be available are Georgia's Sony Michel and LSU's Derrius Guice. Both of them have a shot at being late first-round picks. Sources say it is 50-50 that Michel goes in Round 1, and the odds are slightly lower for Guice. 

Michel and Guice could be off the board in the first five picks of the second round, but in speaking to some of the teams that are hoping to land a running back, they feel that there are other prospects who could be worthy of going in that range. Georgia's Nick Chubb and San Diego State's Rashaad Penny are both said to be worthy of high second-rounders according to sources at multiple teams. USC's Ronald Jones is as well, depending on the team. Between Michel, Guice, Jones, Chubb and Penny, there is likely to be a run on halfbacks in picks No. 30-50.

• Two of those teams that are in the running back market are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. In speaking to sources at both of those teams, they like Chubb and Penny. If they miss out on Michel and Guice they still have good options available in those two. Chubb and Penny are options for each team's second-rounder. Jones is also in play for Washington.

http://walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:
  • There are a number of teams picking in the top 20 of the second round that are looking to add talent at running back. Fortunately for those teams there are some excellent running back prospects who should be available in the opening frame of the draft's second night. Two players who may or may not be available are Georgia's Sony Michel and LSU's Derrius Guice. Both of them have a shot at being late first-round picks. Sources say it is 50-50 that Michel goes in Round 1, and the odds are slightly lower for Guice. 

Michel and Guice could be off the board in the first five picks of the second round, but in speaking to some of the teams that are hoping to land a running back, they feel that there are other prospects who could be worthy of going in that range. Georgia's Nick Chubb and San Diego State's Rashaad Penny are both said to be worthy of high second-rounders according to sources at multiple teams. USC's Ronald Jones is as well, depending on the team. Between Michel, Guice, Jones, Chubb and Penny, there is likely to be a run on halfbacks in picks No. 30-50.

• Two of those teams that are in the running back market are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. In speaking to sources at both of those teams, they like Chubb and Penny. If they miss out on Michel and Guice they still have good options available in those two. Chubb and Penny are options for each team's second-rounder. Jones is also in play for Washington.

http://walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress 

Todd McShay also indicating in his “draft buzz” article today that he is hearing Michel more likely to land in the 1st round than Guice — and Chubb also possibly jumping Guice in the RB hierarchy. His “best guess” is that Guice doesn’t go on the 1st day. 

I would be happy with any back honestly and each have their own niche at what they would bring to a team. I think in the end though its Ronald Jones for us and that's exciting. I would be real happy if we landed Kerryon Johnson, no other back in the draft falls forward at the end of nearly every run quite like him. He is very consistent and highly underrated.

The other back in the draft that doesn't get near the credit he deserves is Akrum Wadley, best feet in the draft by far. He will be a great pickup for some team out there.

In all honesty the two Georgia backs worry me the most to draft. How much of their success was credited to the online and scheme they had? I don't know the answer but it does bother me some 

Trade Back. I read a few times the Chargers might want our pick 13 for their 17. They might need to jump up for Lamar Jackson. We need their 3rd and 5th to balance out the "points".. Would you be O K with this deal ?

51 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Trade Back. I read a few times the Chargers might want our pick 13 for their 17. They might need to jump up for Lamar Jackson. We need their 3rd and 5th to balance out the "points".. Would you be O K with this deal ?

Depends on who is available at 13 for me. If Vita Vea is there, I think we have to take him.

Assuming Vea is gone by the time we pick I would accept the trade and select BPA.

On ESPN sporstwriter mock Keim took Edmund's from VT. He was the last impactful defender that fell. If no trade down the only other option would be Payne.

If this actually happened Thursday night would you guys be excited or bummed about the pick?

Archived