The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He doesn't at all. I have no idea why people keep saying this other than they never really saw Vick at Va Tech. Vick ran a 4.25 forty and his arm strength was out of this world. He was basically Barry Sanders playing QB. I wish Vick never would've said what he said about Lamar Jackson. 

Yes dude but Jackson still an amazing athlete. Nobody will be like Vick for a long time . I think he would be a steal in the second round . 

36 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Nobody will ever be like Vick but Jackson still has a very good arm and runs about a 4.30 dash  or 4.35 .

he also does a very good job extending plays . 

I hate comparisons but Jackson regardless is still an amazing athlete.  I do think Vick was a better proespect his arm strength was off the charts .

Dual threat QBs don’t work in the nfl.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I wouldn’t say they don’t work I think Russell Wilson and a few guys that can use their legs work. I just feel like they are the ones that need the most development, but they get the least because they deal with so many injuries because the hits they take. I think McNabb and Wilson and guys before proved they can work but it’s very rare for guys like Jackson and the ones who run at the rate they run to hold up. When their greatest attribute is the fact they can run WR speed it’s hard to say don’t run when it’s there but it’s not helping them develop their reads and progressions because running is always in their heads

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is from a scout in November on what he has said about Jackson .

"

The 6-foot-3, 211-pound junior is a dynamic runner with a slippery running style that makes him nearly impossible to corral in the pocket. He excels on designed runs (QB draws, sweeps and zone-read plays) and is a defensive coordinator's nightmare as an improvisational playmaker. Jackson's average of 6.8 yards per carry this season is nearly a yard better than his average from his Heisman campaign. He has posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons as a runner while scoring 28 rushing touchdowns.

That doesn't mean that Jackson shouldn't be considered a top prospect at his position. We've seen more NFL teams implement spread systems with simplistic reads if the quarterback flashes exceptional playmaking ability as a dual-threat (see Deshaun WatsonCam Newton and Russell Wilson). With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me to see a team place a solid grade on Jackson that reflects his potential to be a franchise QB. -- Bucky Brooks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000881193/article/mts-notes-biggest-nfl-draft-risers-scouting-lamar-jackson%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dcollege-football;plyr%3Dkristian_alonso;plyr%3Ddion_jordan;plyr%3Ddeforest_buckner&p.ct=CFB+24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23ffffff&p.bgc1m=%23000000&sr=amp

Mariota was a duel threat and he's been solid minus this year . And Jackson just gonna be 20 years old dude . Give him a chance he's already throwing good deep balls in college . I think skins will show interest in him personally .

14 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I wouldn’t say they don’t work I think Russell Wilson and a few guys that can use their legs work. I just feel like they are the ones that need the most development, but they get the least because they deal with so many injuries because the hits they take. I think McNabb and Wilson and guys before proved they can work but it’s very rare for guys like Jackson and the ones who run at the rate they run to hold up. When their greatest attribute is the fact they can run WR speed it’s hard to say don’t run when it’s there but it’s not helping them develop their reads and progressions because running is always in their heads

Pretty much .. i agree with you . Only reason mobile qbs aren't successful is because there injuries pile up . But Gruden the type of guy that adapts to what he wants and not to the players stength. If Gruden can help Jackson with his mechanics and help develop his short throw game than he can be very dangerous .

I’ve really been breaking down Minka Fitzpatrick the last 3 weeks and I think he’s the only player if avalible not being a Value at RB or BPA at DL or ILB I’d take because this guy could solve our TE killing us problem along with our back end issues and make our CB’s look amazing. Not ideal but if he’s avalible idk how you couldnt day he isn’t the BPA he’s a baller

8 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’ve really been breaking down Minka Fitzpatrick the last 3 weeks and I think he’s the only player if avalible not being a Value at RB or BPA at DL or ILB I’d take because this guy could solve our TE killing us problem along with our back end issues and make our CB’s look amazing. Not ideal but if he’s avalible idk how you couldnt day he isn’t the BPA he’s a baller

I know he’s a versatile secondary player but imo the biggest issue with our defense is that we can’t stop the run.  The safeties we have are at a disadvantage because they have to cheat up to try to help and stop the rb.  Get true NT and our safeties will be able to do their jobs and look a lot better.  Nicholson and Swearinger deserve to start next year imo.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know he’s a versatile secondary player but imo the biggest issue with our defense is that we can’t stop the run.  The safeties we have are at a disadvantage because they have to cheat up to try to help and stop the rb.  Get true NT and our safeties will be able to do their jobs and look a lot better.  Nicholson and Swearinger deserve to start next year imo.

I agree. I think Vea would be a great addition. I also think Nicholson with a year to get his body right and Swearinger have earned the spots. I agree I’m all in on picking DL but if we’re looking at a pick without Wilkins or Vea or Payne and the value at RB or ILB isn’t jumping out and Fitz fell to us it would be hard to not put his name on the card with him being the best player avalible in that situation.

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm down for a NT .. it's time to find one .since 2010 we haven't found a consistent NT starter . 

I personally don’t think Vea is a Danny Shelton type anchor guy. He reminds me a lot of Dontari Poe where he’s very athletic for a big guy and while he anchors well his strength is actually shedding blocks and has a presence in the pass rush game. He’s actually pretty fast running down the line on swing plays.

37 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I personally don’t think Vea is a Danny Shelton type anchor guy. He reminds me a lot of Dontari Poe where he’s very athletic for a big guy and while he anchors well his strength is actually shedding blocks and has a presence in the pass rush game. He’s actually pretty fast running down the line on swing plays.

We could just sign  Dontaei Poe ??‍♂️. I think we find a ILB or FS after that . I can see a qb dropping back in the second . 

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

We could just sign  Dontaei Poe ??‍♂️. I think we find a ILB or FS after that . I can see a qb dropping back in the second . 

I’d prefer us draft the NT but I wouldn’t be opposed to Poe for the right price. I haven’t even looked at Free agents

53 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree. I think Vea would be a great addition. I also think Nicholson with a year to get his body right and Swearinger have earned the spots. I agree I’m all in on picking DL but if we’re looking at a pick without Wilkins or Vea or Payne and the value at RB or ILB isn’t jumping out and Fitz fell to us it would be hard to not put his name on the card with him being the best player avalible in that situation.

I like Payne a lot more than Vea 

Archived