The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I honestly wonder if Allen is a guy that Snyder can sell. 

The best way to sell any qb is by winning though so if whoever becomes our next qb wins, then fans will come.

Compared to what we've been before he got here, Kirk is a winner. However there is a giant segment of the fanbase that still hates his guts. I loved RG3 when we drafted him and was disappointed when he failed but I don't blame that on Kirk. A lot of fans, for some reason or another, blame Kirk for taking his job.

It's stupid and it's irrational way to make a decision but Kirk is going to be gone partly due to the team not being able to market him. Enter Baker Mayfield. If there was ever a more obvious pick for Daniel Snyder I've never seen it? Unless he's gone before we pick he's going to be a Redskin. 

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Compared to what we've been before he got here, Kirk is a winner. However there is a giant segment of the fanbase that still hates his guts. I loved RG3 when we drafted him and was disappointed when he failed but I don't blame that on Kirk. A lot of fans, for some reason or another, blame Kirk for taking his job.

It's stupid and it's irrational way to make a decision but Kirk is going to be gone partly due to the team not being able to market him. Enter Baker Mayfield. If there was ever a more obvious pick for Daniel Snyder I've never seen it? Unless he's gone before we pick he's going to be a Redskin. 

Agree with the first paragraph but there’s not a place you go in the DMV that you don’t see a Cousins Jersey now a days. He has been marketed even if they didn’t try. I’m sure it’s not enough to his liking but a lot of fan base wants him back and have bought into him as their qb.

Agree about the Mayfield point but I guess we’ll see. If Mayfield is the selection then it’s back to Danny calling the shots imo but if it’s not Mayfield then I’ll have to believe that Doug & Jay decided who they would draft.

This McKenzie Milton fella is legit. Seems to be small and slight for a QB, but is deceptively fast, has some wiggle, and has made some exceptional throws in the 2nd half. His command of the UCF offensive is impressive. Probably not an NFL caliber guy, but dude is a gamer. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve never understood the “disappointed he failed” argument for RG3. Who cares who it is who wins? As long as it’s in the burgundy and gold, why does it matter. I mean would you care if Tony Romo came out of retirement and won a Super Bowl in DC?

As much as like Kirk and wish he would have been our QB for years to come, the ship has sailed. We’re better off building our defense and putting pieces around the QB, then hope to find one later on.

4 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I’ve never understood the “disappointed he failed” argument for RG3. Who cares who it is who wins? As long as it’s in the burgundy and gold, why does it matter. I mean would you care if Tony Romo came out of retirement and won a Super Bowl in DC?

As much as like Kirk and wish he would have been our QB for years to come, the ship has sailed. We’re better off building our defense and putting pieces around the QB, then hope to find one later on.

Huh? I'm saying I was bummed that we spent a ton of picks on someone who ended up not being any good. And yes, I'd be happy just to win but that wasn't my point. 

44 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

So far, I'm impressed. Problem is that if he has a good two games here, we lose out on him because we're 13th instead of 7th

The main problem with Mayfield is his height. I’ll be very interested to see what his official height is at the combine in February. The Sooners list him at 6’1, I don’t buy it. Given the success of Brees & Wilson being 6’ or under he’ll certainly get drafted but he’ll fall half a round round more because he’s not a few inches over 6’.

Scot McCloughan compared Mayfield to Brett Favre.

IMO based on the teams who draft ahead of us and how many teams need QB’s, I don’t think they’re will be a QB that will be available to us that would be worth taken when we pick in Round 1 

So TIRED of wondering if Kirk is going to be here. I really feel he’s not staying, so let’s let Colt have his shot and see what happens. We tank we tank ? 

Draft our DL/OL/ILB/RB/TE/CB OR S. Not in any particular order. 

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMO based on the teams who draft ahead of us and how many teams need QB’s, I don’t think they’re will be a QB that will be available to us that would be worth taken when we pick in Round 1 

So TIRED of wondering if Kirk is going to be here. I really feel he’s not staying, so let’s let Colt have his shot and see what happens. We tank we tank ? 

Draft our DL/OL/ILB/RB/TE/CB OR S. Not in any particular order. 

Mayfield will be there when we pick and if he is I'd assume he's a Redskin. 

Archived