The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I got this weird feeling we end up with Darnold .

Mayfield going to the browns

giants draft shipley 

jets draft Rosen 

broncos sign cousins

which leaves us Darnold or Allen 

I’d take Allen I’m not soldon Darnold. Maybe I’m wrong but he like Allen has bad tape but I think Darnold is highly over rated. I think I’d take Lamar Jackson over Darnold to be honest

On 1/27/2018 at 5:03 AM, turtle28 said:

Rumors: Redskins interested in 2 Alabama products

https://riggosrag.com/2018/01/24/redskins-rumors-team-interested-in-two-first-round-alabama-products/

NT Da’Ron Payne and FS Mika Fitzpatrick (sorry Mknight)

I concur  with the Payne pick. Here is my approach for rebuilding our Skins and I have been saying this for sometime now. We are getting whipped on the LOS very often. So I believe we should first start with improving on LOS on both side of the ball and start by building this team from inside out. The players I like so far are Payne, Christian Wilkins, Isaiah Wynn and Quenton Nelson. The combine will reveal more. I know we may need a QB but we have  to improve in stopping the opposition running game and we need to get much better in running the ball. These are areas we have always been weak in especially on the DLS.

To me Gruden is little to pass happy and there's something inherently wrong with his RG. We will eventually need a new coach.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d take Allen I’m not soldon Darnold. Maybe I’m wrong but he like Allen has bad tape but I think Darnold is highly over rated. I think I’d take Lamar Jackson over Darnold to be honest

Darnold has carr comparisons tho . I'd take him over Allen but lol I do like Jackson tho.

jackson underrated and peklle acting like he's trash

36 minutes ago, 4209 said:

I concur  with the Payne pick. Here is my approach for rebuilding our Skins and I have been saying this for sometime now. We are getting whipped on the LOS very often. So I believe we should first start with improving on LOS on both side of the ball and start by building this team from inside out. The players I like so far are Payne, Christian Wilkins, Isaiah Wynn and Quenton Nelson. The combine will reveal more. I know we may need a QB but we have  to improve in stopping the opposition running game and we need to get much better in running the ball. These are areas we have always been weak in especially on the DLS.

To me Gruden is little to pass happy and there's something inherently wrong with his RG. We will eventually need a new coach.

If redskins sign Logan (NT) and decide to go qb in the second round than I would love Nelson.

rare offensive guard that would help build this team . 

I wouldn't be upset at C either in the third round .our run game been pathetic .

6 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Darnold has carr comparisons tho . I'd take him over Allen but lol I do like Jackson tho.

jackson underrated and peklle acting like he's trash

I know he has all the tools and I saw his good film but he has a lot of bad and I know he could very well make me eat my words but I don’t think this guy will even be as good as Kirk Cousins already is. He could be but I don’t think he’s what people are making him out to be. If teams stopped USC’s RB Darnold was highly ineffective because the play action wasn’t working and he doesn’t look good under pressure at all

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I know he has all the tools and I saw his good film but he has a lot of bad and I know he could very well make me eat my words but I don’t think this guy will even be as good as Kirk Cousins already is. He could be but I don’t think he’s what people are making him out to be. If teams stopped USC’s RB Darnold was highly ineffective because the play action wasn’t working and he doesn’t look good under pressure at all

Still his upsides amazing .

id draft him and to be safe with it we can maybe sign Bradford to a vet deal .

skins can only go up from here . I like Jackson a lot tho I think he can be another Watson but faster.

21 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Darnold has all the tools to be an elite qb. He has good size, a big arm, is great in the pocket and is athletic. He needs to work on his accuracy some and not take as many chances but him having no conscious is one of the great qualities about him as well. He really compares to Brett Favre in that way and in almost every way. He’s also still very young - 20 or 21 - so he should develop more over the next few years.

19 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Still his upsides amazing .

id draft him and to be safe with it we can maybe sign Bradford to a vet deal .

skins can only go up from here . I like Jackson a lot tho I think he can be another Watson but faster.

Skins can only go up from here?

How?

If we lose Cousins that will be a step down in the qb position which will mean in order for our team to be better than around .500 next season and in the near future every other position will need to be better. If you take a good starting qb off a team and replace him with a rookie, a journeyman starter or a career back up, your passing game will suffer and seeing as we have no running game and our defense is jeckyle and Hyde we can’t exactly count on them winning us any games.

I don’t believe in the pipe dream for one second that if Kirk Cousins is off the Redskins that the team will be better in the near future. It’s pretty obvious if you take him off our team and replace him with another qb - short of that guy being a top 5 qb in the Nfl right now - that our team overall will be worse.

I know what you’ll say, well without Kirk we will have $20 to 30 million to sign an upgrade at LG, will have money to sign a NT like Bennie Logan and other defenders and a RB or we can draft one but if you don’t have a qb of Kirk’s caliber who can throw over 4,000 yards, near 30 TDs and less than 15 ints a season it doesn’t matter what the rest of the guys do.

And before you go saying “oh but Jacksonville!” The Redskins don’t have a two time super bowl coach in Tom Coughlin running their team, we have Bruce Allen who hasn’t done diddly poo in over a decade since he was with the Raiders. I don’t trust for one second that our front office could build a defense like the Jaguars, even if we had an extra $20 to $30 more million in cap space.

13 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

New idea, tag Cousins and trade him with our 13th overall pick to Cleveland for their #4 pick in rd 1. Draft our future Q B. 

Better than a 3rd rounder later.

I can dig it. If we can’t re-sign Kirk, doing a trade like this to the Browns, Broncos or Jets would be our best option.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can dig it. If we can’t re-sign Kirk, doing a trade like this to the Browns, Broncos or Jets would be our best option.

This would be a good deal.. Can you imagine what it would cost for a straight trade up from 13 to 4 ? Probably next years #1 and more . 

43 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

New idea, tag Cousins and trade him with our 13th overall pick to Cleveland for their #4 pick in rd 1. Draft our future Q B. 

Better than a 3rd rounder later.

Cleveland won't trade for Cousins because I doubt he'd agree to sign a long term extension with them.  

Archived