The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

On 1/28/2018 at 9:15 AM, 4209 said:

The players I like so far are Payne, Christian Wilkins, Isaiah Wynn and Quenton Nelson. The combine will reveal more. 

Christian Wilkins is going back to school. I’m with you about building the lines though. With young players like Jonathan Allen and the Greek Freak, we have a real chance to start really building a dominant line. Give me ALL the Dlinemen in this draft. Outside of the Pats who have the greatest QB of all time, look at the other 3 teams in the Conference Championship games (Vikings, Jags, Eagles). All dominant Dlines. Sign Bennie Logan, draft Payne, Vita, and more. I want them all!

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Cleveland won't trade for Cousins because I doubt he'd agree to sign a long term extension with them.  

“Doubting” and knowing are two separate things. Cleveland has built a heck of a front office. They have talented Wrs, a talented young TE and run the same offense we do. 

The only reason Cle doesn’t make sense is because of their past, but that doesn’t mean their future can’t be bright with a qb like Cousins throwing to Gordon, Coleman and Njoku and with a running back like Saquon Barkley in the backfield.

Its like Josh Allen said, “If I’m fortunate enough to become a Cleveland Brown, you can expect everything from me,” Allen told Bull and Fox Monday afternoon on 92.3 The Fan. “I want to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns. The guy that does that is going to be immortalized in Cleveland forever.”

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

“Doubting” and knowing are two separate things. Cleveland has built a heck of a front office. They have talented Wrs, a talented young TE and run the same offense we do. 

The only reason Cle doesn’t make sense is because of their past, but that doesn’t mean their future can’t be bright with a qb like Cousins throwing to Gordon, Coleman and Njoku and with a running back like Saquon Barkley in the backfield.

Its like Josh Allen said, “If I’m fortunate enough to become a Cleveland Brown, you can expect everything from me,” Allen told Bull and Fox Monday afternoon on 92.3 The Fan. “I want to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns. The guy that does that is going to be immortalized in Cleveland forever.”

Josh Allen is 21 years old, he has time to wait for Cleveland to rebuild.  Cousins doesn't.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Josh Allen is 21 years old, he has time to wait for Cleveland to rebuild.  Cousins doesn't.

Most teams that don’t have a top 15 qb right now have to rebuild.

As I’ve pointed out a million times over the last year, the Redskins themselves are very young except for Kirk himself, TWill, Reed (if healthy), VD, Kerrigan, Norman, Foster and Swearinger.

The difference between the Browns and Redskins is Cousins. You put Kirk Cousins on the Browns last year and Gordon playing all 16 games and the Browns win at least 5 games, and maybe even have the same record as the Redskins.

Cousins makes such a huge difference for our team and I don’t think it will be realized by most fans until he’s gone.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Most teams that don’t have a top 15 qb right now have to rebuild.

As I’ve pointed out a million times over the last year, the Redskins themselves are very young except for Kirk himself, TWill, Reed (if healthy), VD, Kerrigan, Norman, Foster and Swearinger.

The difference between the Browns and Redskins is Cousins. You put Kirk Cousins on the Browns last year and Gordon playing all 16 games and the Browns win at least 5 games, and maybe even have the same record as the Redskins.

Cousins makes such a huge difference for our team and I don’t think it will be realized by most fans until he’s gone.

Kirk cousins would be a loss but the risk of and reward is higher if we draft correctly.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well, one good thing about getting Smith is that we don’t have to worry about drafting Baker “look at myself” Mayfield now! Whew! Dodged that bullet!

Yeah, would've been awful to have Mayfield, Fuller, third round pick and tons of cap space....

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

What do you guys think of the Florida State big safety prospect. I don't think its our number 1 or 2  need (run defense and pass rusher are), but he has some great highlights. That Bama DL looks pretty good to at 13 (Payne)

If he fell to the 2nd round maybe.  

Archived