The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He happens to be my favorite player in the draft. 

The only reason I worry about K Johnson is because of the running scheme that Auburn runs. Outside of Cam Newton - who is just a physical freak - we’ve seen many OL and running backs come from Auburn lately and not do much in the pros. 

That’s my only concern.

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only reason I worry about K Johnson is because of the running scheme that Auburn runs. Outside of Cam Newton - who is just a physical freak - we’ve seen many OL and running backs come from Auburn lately and not do much in the pros. 

That’s my only concern.

That's understandable. I just love the way he runs. Stiff arms, power moves, hesitation moves and the ability to hit the hole and go. I watched a lot of Auburn this season simply because of KJ and he's very impressive. He reminds me so much of Leveon Bell. 

If we drafted Payne in the first and KJ in the second I'd be on cloud nine. I think a monster in the middle of the defense and a stud RB would go so far to building this team. I'll probably be most disappointed if we don't get one of these stud backs though. So many good RBs in this draft. 

47 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That's understandable. I just love the way he runs. Stiff arms, power moves, hesitation moves and the ability to hit the hole and go. I watched a lot of Auburn this season simply because of KJ and he's very impressive. He reminds me so much of Leveon Bell. 

If we drafted Payne in the first and KJ in the second I'd be on cloud nine. I think a monster in the middle of the defense and a stud RB would go so far to building this team. I'll probably be most disappointed if we don't get one of these stud backs though. So many good RBs in this draft. 

Trust me, I’m 100% with you on Johnson’s comparisons to Bell and with drafting Payne. Just stating the concerns with players coming from the Auburn offense to the nfl this decade, it’s not a good track record.

I doubt he will but If Quenton Nelson falls to us at 13, you have to pick him. Best guard in the draft and he plays LG, couldn’t fit any better. Back in November I wanted him but with the need at nose I swayed my opinion over to DT/specifically DaRon Payne. But with the emergence of Tim Settle and Justin Jones and maybe others that will possibly stand out at the Combine , we have a chance to get a DT/1Tech in the 2nd Rd. with not much drop off. 

I know most don't agree with me, but I feel that Derwin James is a unique talent and a can't miss in round 1 if he's available. Runs like a corner, hits like a linebacker, good ball skills, He's got it all. I've watched all of his games and he makes such an impact when on the field. I wouldn't be upset going with one of the DT's in round one. But I really feel like every year there's a solid DT like a Payne or Vea. But not always a prospect like James that is being overlooked. I view him to be better than Jamal Adams, who was at a top 5 grade. 

6 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I know most don't agree with me, but I feel that Derwin James is a unique talent and a can't miss in round 1 if he's available. Runs like a corner, hits like a linebacker, good ball skills, He's got it all. I've watched all of his games and he makes such an impact when on the field. I wouldn't be upset going with one of the DT's in round one. But I really feel like every year there's a solid DT like a Payne or Vea. But not always a prospect like James that is being overlooked. I view him to be better than Jamal Adams, who was at a top 5 grade. 

I love him too. He’s a better version of Swearinger. The question is, do you draft him knowing you have Swearinger on the roster?

I personally would if he’s the top player on my board but he may not be for the Redskins because they have Swearinger.

57 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Am I missing something with Swearinger? I thought he was on a 1 year deal. Or are you implying we resigned him.

Swearinger signed a 3 year deal for $13.5 M. It included a $4M signing bonus and $9M guaranteed. So, he has two years left on his deal.

Archived