The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

15 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I know most don't agree with me, but I feel that Derwin James is a unique talent and a can't miss in round 1 if he's available. Runs like a corner, hits like a linebacker, good ball skills, He's got it all. I've watched all of his games and he makes such an impact when on the field. I wouldn't be upset going with one of the DT's in round one. But I really feel like every year there's a solid DT like a Payne or Vea. But not always a prospect like James that is being overlooked. I view him to be better than Jamal Adams, who was at a top 5 grade. 

I'm all for Derwin James if he's there but I also think he could be someone who falls the same way Landon Collins did. We may be able to move up and get him near the end of the first or the beginning of the second. Payne and Derwin James would go so far to fixing this defense.

I may be in the minority, but I am absolutely looking at the possibility of trading down. Of course one of the top shelf talents could fall to us at 13, but why not traded down if we can get a good deal. 

Lets say something like,

Redskins trade:

• #13 Overall

Bills trade:

• #21 Overall
  • #53 Overall

The possibility to get both of Buffalo's first could be there if a player they loved fell to 13. I would rather trade down and stack picks than "reach" for a player we hope works out.

Bound to get a sweet prospect at #13, but trading down generally sounds good to me, and this year is no exception. 

I can see the chance for a team eager to trade up to #13 for a player that slips out of the top 10. 

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I may be in the minority, but I am absolutely looking at the possibility of trading down. Of course one of the top shelf talents could fall to us at 13, but why not traded down if we can get a good deal. 

Lets say something like,

Redskins trade:

• #13 Overall

Bills trade:

• #21 Overall
  • #53 Overall

The possibility to get both of Buffalo's first could be there if a player they loved fell to 13. I would rather trade down and stack picks than "reach" for a player we hope works out.

Unlikely we'd get two premium picks in the same draft.  Would probably be more like #21 and a future first.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Unlikely we'd get two premium picks in the same draft.  Would probably be more like #21 and a future first.  

I would also be okay with that.

Considering Buffalo has two picks in both the first and the second rounds, they could probably afford it, but a first this year and a first next is okay with me.

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well we're shopping Sua Cravens now so we should be able to get a premium pick or two back........sigh.

I know it was just a simulator but I traded down in firstpick because Raquan Smith, Payne and Denzel Ward were off the board and I ended up missing on Vea,  Ridley and Christian Kirk. If we trade back 10 spots we’re likely to miss a prospect we really want.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/02/27/rumors-redskins-have-interest-in-richmond-quarterback-kyle-lauletta/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Rumor is the Redskins have interest in former University of Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta.

I’d love to get him in the 4th or 5th round to develop behind Smith and McCoy.

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

https://riggosrag.com/2018/02/27/rumors-redskins-have-interest-in-richmond-quarterback-kyle-lauletta/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Rumor is the Redskins have interest in former University of Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta.

This is my guy ! I've been touting him since the season ended. He'd be perfect to sit 2-3 years and learn . He did tear an ACL in 2016 so maybe some teams will shy away . 

BTW-This will be McCoy's last year here. He wants his chance and he'll have to move on to try and find it .

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I suspect they'll trade down in the first or second to acquire a third round pick. I really think the Bills two first round picks are in play if Josh Allen or Mayfield are still on the board. Guice and Settle would be a decent haul in the first round.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I suspect they'll trade down in the first or second to acquire a third round pick. I really think the Bills two first round picks are in play if Josh Allen or Mayfield are still on the board. Guice and Settle would be a decent haul in the first round.

I think it’s better if we take BPA in round 1 whomever that is and then trade back in round 2 to get a 3rd round pick.

I agree that the Bills two first round picks may be in play, the issue I have is moving back 8 spots and missing one of the players all of us covet.

Archived