The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

How did Falk look? Purely on games I’ve watched he was better ( highly accurate, good enough arm, good mobility, strong leadership, smart and excellent anticipating throws ( cousins was always weak on this having to see a guy open before throwing which drove me crazy).

I didn’t see Allen play more than a handful of plays and his competition was awful and on a mediocre team so the hardest guy to judge-so can’t judge him

but my ranking on guys I have seen is as follows

Falk, Rudolph then Mayfield who had a lot of help with excellent running game and receivers, Rosen ( far better than Darnold, then Darnold. Jackson is the reincarnation of Vick and not choosing an agent, instead his mom, is Robert griffinesque and he wouldn’t be on my draft board. The best QB in college isn’t in this draft. 

Gone, seemingly, are the days when teams would break the bank for two premier outside corners without having an immensely diverse and talented supporting cast (think of the old Rex Ryan teams that relied heavily on Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie).

The trend also has parallels to the linebacker position, which went through its own period of significant diversification. We’re reaching a point where even the term “defensive back” is probably too broad.

It can all be summed up by looking at the valuation of Alabama’s Minkah Fitzpatrick, the crown jewel of the 2018 DB class. In order to stand out and earn a first-round grade from teams this year, DBs are going to have to be truly spectacular and truly diverse. All Fitzpatrick had to do was master about six different positions while he was in college.

“He is the only guy I could tell you that could start at all six positions in an NFL defensive backfield,” draft guru Mike Mayock told Peter King. “Both corners, both safeties, the nickel and the dime. Nick Saban played him at a lot of his nickel and dime linebacker stuff. So he was tough enough to tackle, he’s fast enough to play corner, the NFL is a matchup league.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/27/draft-defensive-backs-specialization-minkah-fitzpatrick-donte-jackson-joel-iyiegbuniwe-kentavius?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true

The Redskins are keeping their draft options open. They would like to add more talent to the defensive line, and they like Alabama nose tackle Da'Ron Payne. On offense, Washington is in the market for a guard. It would also consider adding more talent at wide receiver, and would really like a feature running back. In the second round, the Redskins like a group of running backs including Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones and Kerryon Johnson. They don't believe that Michel or Guice will get to their second-rounder, but if they move down in the first round, they could have more ammunition to move around the draft board in the following rounds.

http://walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress#ixzz58iHmd2Vv

Yes! Trading back and grabbing Payne and Sony Michel would be amazing 

My buddy told me about some OL who ran close to a 6.0 in 40. That’s running in mud

hippo-o.gif

On the other hand some 6-7 300 pounder from Pitt ran a 4.8

giphy.gif

Whats it mean? Not much. Wonder how fast Jacoby was, didn’t matter cause he could play football

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If Griffin had both hands he'd be a late first to early second round pick. The kid is a monster and I'd be honored to have him put on the burgundy and gold. 

I’m not exactly sure where he’s going to go because of this, but I am 100% on board with going after this kid. His heart, desire, and work ethic will overshadow any “deficiency” he may have. 

B.J. Hill runs a 4.99 and lifted 35 reps.

Nnadi with 25 reps

Payne with 27 reps * and runs a 5.02, but with very impressive 1.76 10 split

Senat with 35 reps

Kendrick Norton with 30 reps

Settle did not lift, I guess

Fatukasi with 33 reps

Vita runs a 1.77 10 split at 347 lbs.. O.o

Payne's second run nets him a 1.67 10 split at 311 lbs.  :o

9 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

My buddy told me about some OL who ran close to a 6.0 in 40. That’s running in mud

hippo-o.gif

On the other hand some 6-7 300 pounder from Pitt ran a 4.8

giphy.gif

Whats it mean? Not much. Wonder how fast Jacoby was, didn’t matter cause he could play football

Brown did, Orlando’s Brown Son. He’s a heck of a football player, big and powerful and didn’t give up a sack last year but he’s not athletic. 

Feel kind of bad for Tim Settle on that first non-40 drill. Poor fatty was lumbering and stumbling all over. Nearly expected his shorts to rip at the end as he lets out an audible fart. 

Quick feet and looks early day 2 good on film... but man.. in shorts, he looks late day 3 at best. Also looked  a bit winded on the 40 runs. Wasn't breathing hard, but he looked... slumpy. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW Doc, hippos can run fast on land. They are fast sprinters. I watched two chase each other around when I went on safari in 2008. They aren't much for distance though.

reported for thread derailment

:P

Tomsula our there getting these DT’s all lathered up! He’s an awesome coach! I think he made such a huge difference with Allen, Ioannidis and Lanier this year and their development.

These DL are looking nice too!

Daron Payne looked athletic and ran a 4.91 in the 40. Obviously a run stuffer but Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis said you can see he’s got some quickness and moves as well. He ripped well on the heavy bags and got upfield, showing off some pass rush ability.

BJ Hill with a 4.95 forty at 311 pounds. He looked very good and athletic in the drills. 

Tim Settle looked ok but he lumbered some as oldman9er said.

Bryan from Florida the same.

A few guys just looked like bowling ball run stuffers like John Jones from NC St, Derek Nndai and the NT from South Florida Senai or something like that. They said he had 3 sacks in one game from the NT position. I like that. I’ve seen him mocked as as a late 3rd or 4th rounder.

Archived