The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

I think it’s funny with all the TE talent in this class we have talked so little about Hurst or the TE freak from Penn St and just the value I think there will be early in this class. Especially being the fact our TE position is older and injury prone. That big guy from Penn St would be awesome!!! Good hands and this guy is huge and moves like a WR!!!

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

There's no way we aren't trading back now . The buffalo bills will be for sure thirsty for a qb , and we can be valuable trade partners for them . 

I think their trying to go alittle higher then 13 with the type of Ammo they have been adding. We will see. I don’t hate the idea of trading back but I think your really risking missing out on some value top end talent moving back. If Guice is their guy and they want him in the first trade back. But I think the idea of Smith maybe falling or even the chance of James or Fitzpatrick falling because the run on QB’s I’d say 13 really could be sweet for us like we lucked into Allen last year

I’m rewatching the saints Skins game. And I’m just watching our DL get pushed back not interior pressure. We always knock our DC but we have no DL to dial up any kind of consistent game plan. And without Foster our other ILB spot is horrible outside of Brown. This team can try and get cute like they always do but until we fix this front 7 they aren’t winning anything

8 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m rewatching the saints Skins game. And I’m just watching our DL get pushed back not interior pressure. We always knock our DC but we have no DL to dial up any kind of consistent game plan. And without Foster our other ILB spot is horrible outside of Brown. This team can try and get cute like they always do but until we fix this front 7 they aren’t winning anything

Keeping Brown and drafting Vea or Payne is a must for this defense. 

18 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I like poe but I'd like to upgrade at RE as well. The Greek did good but I like him a lot in the rotation .

49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Keeping Brown and drafting Vea or Payne is a must for this defense. 

I agree completely. Though if Edmonds or Smith fell I think I’d go with them and come back with Settle in the second only because either of them next too Brown really could make this team crazy good against the run. But I also want to sign Poe and still go Payne rd one if Smith or Edmonds are gone

15 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m cool with our 3 picks being 2 DL and a ILB

People will disagree with me . But signing Suh and trading back in the draft and maybe go DL/RB/QB would benefit us .

Id also like to sign a rotational NT like Beau Allen . 

23 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

People will disagree with me . But signing Suh and trading back in the draft and maybe go DL/RB/QB would benefit us .

Id also like to sign a rotational NT like Beau Allen . 

We need top tier young talent. The only way trading back makes any sense is if it involves multiple first round picks in return.

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We need top tier young talent. The only way trading back makes any sense is if it involves multiple first round picks in return.

What if the bills give us there first and second and fourth round pick . They seem desperate for a qb .

If we can get there pick we probably go Veta/Payne/ or Hughes .

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree with this completely!!! We need the most talented player possible. We need a star type player not a second tier we have plenty of 2nd and 3rd tier players

8 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

At 13? Who would be that guy than .

I mean we have a lot of options. I think Roquan actually falls and that guy is a legit star. Edmounds probably won’t fall but he’s awesome. Payne I know we all know my feelings. But Johnson or Ward from Iowa or Ohio St. CB’s. Both look to be top flight CB’s in the league. If you look you have a top 2 at almost each position on defense that all have top flight talent.

Interior DL- Payne, Vea

Edge- Chubb, Key, Davenport

ILB- Smith Edmounds

CB- Ward Johnson

S- James Fitzpatrick

then just for our need for a RB you could Say Guice is worthy of being picked around 13 would be the earliest I could see him going. But you get 4 QB’s taken top 10 and your talking about maybe 1 or 2 of each of those positions being avalible. With Nelson and Ridley likely to go top 10 that could really leave us with some top notch options on defense. With the strength of the draft being on defense teams early are gonna want to get the top WR and tackles and QBs because they can get good value on defense later. And if either of those ILB’s are there I’m taking them.

Archived