The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think it’s funny with all the TE talent in this class we have talked so little about Hurst or the TE freak from Penn St and just the value I think there will be early in this class. Especially being the fact our TE position is older and injury prone. That big guy from Penn St would be awesome!!! Good hands and this guy is huge and moves like a WR!!!

I just don't see it happening, just yet.

If they have no faith in Reed to stay healthy, just cut him loose now and save the 5 mil to the cap. I'd bet they are giving him another year, so if he, VD, and Sprinkle are on the roster? I can't see them looking much at TE within the first 50 picks. (or until UDFAs)

TE would be a true luxury pick, considering the needs they have, and the roster as is.

Guys, don't be surprised if, by pick 13, there's still some good QBs available.

And with Buffalo trading Tyrod, they are almost assured of packaging picks to move up.

They hold the 21 and 22 picks.

Expect one or both to be dealt to move up.

So don't be surprised if we trade back with them 

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

For me it's Vita Vea. If he's there, he needs to be our pick. 

Haloti Ngata 2.0

I agree , Payne isn't a bad choice and I'm all for these Alabama players . But at 344, Vita is just a big dude that can clog up the middle .Very athletic for his size, we need big guys on the defense against rushing attack teams .

I actually would be happy if we did go qb and get it out the way . Let's face it eventually we will have to draft a qb and Smith is a bridge qb .

in the second round , Lamar Jackson would be an amazing choice . Grooming him in two years and if Gruden or who even can develop his pocket passing game will make him deadly .

Although that would risk drafting a RB tho . 

I'd wait 1 more year for a QB in the early rds. I have to figure Alex will be the guy for the next 2 years (conservatively, and yes, pardon the pun)... and you won't want your early selected QB to develop on the sideline for more than 1 year. That, and Washington has other needs to fill, and only those two strong picks (mixed with a little FA help) to do it with. 

a QB2 is a luxury I can't see them going with...

58 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'd wait 1 more year for a QB in the early rds. I have to figure Alex will be the guy for the next 2 years (conservatively, and yes, pardon the pun)... and you won't want your early selected QB to develop on the sideline for more than 1 year. That, and Washington has other needs to fill, and only those two strong picks (mixed with a little FA help) to do it with. 

a QB2 is a luxury I can't see them going with...

We have a 34-year old QB who managed to have his best year ever after a pretty pedestrian career. I'd say Smith reverts to the mean this season so a QB2 is far from a luxury for a team without young talent at the position. 

I was skeptical of Vea before I looked a little closer. He’s not a a Fat boy... he is just a massive human! Is ability to move at his size he unreal. He is not just a 3-4 nose that would only play  in our base.  He must be our pick if he makes it to 13

5 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

I was skeptical of Vea before I looked a little closer. He’s not a a Fat boy... he is just a massive human! Is ability to move at his size he unreal. He is not just a 3-4 nose that would only play  in our base.  He must be our pick if he makes it to 13

Wilkerson and Veta ? Omg 

I think I've got my top 5 of what I think will be available to:

1.Daron Payne 

2.Derwin James

3.Derrius Guice

4.Orlando Brown

5.Calvin Ridley

I just don't see Vea being there. Smith and Edmunds will both be gone as well. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think I've got my top 5 of what I think will be available to:

1.Daron Payne 

2.Derwin James

3.Derrius Guice

4.Orlando Brown

5.Calvin Ridley

I just don't see Vea being there. Smith and Edmunds will both be gone as well. 

Lavar, there's only 12 picks before we select our guy. Some stud will be there.

Who? I have no idea. But someone will drop. They always do.

It's not like our choices will be

RB Cracker Jack Jones

WR Fernando Alexander the great

DT Chipper Riley of Augustine

OG Pepper Chicken

S Frogman of Hogans Heroes

9 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Wilkerson and Veta ? Omg 

Yea Dash.

I was thinking the same thing.

Vita Vea & M. Wilkerson & Anthony Allen along the line in our base 3-4 would be crazy awesome!

You & I would be pro bowlers in the secondary with that front.

We could even add Carlos Rogers.

No nevermind....You & I can actually catch a football.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lavar, there's only 12 picks before we select our guy. Some stud will be there.

Who? I have no idea. But someone will drop. They always do.

It's not like our choices will be

RB Cracker Jack Jones

WR Fernando Alexander the great

DT Chipper Riley of Augustine

OG Pepper Chicken

S Frogman of Hogans Heroes

All 5 guys I listed are players I'd consider studs. 

Archived