The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So what do we do at ILB, OG, NT and RB? We definitely have more talent at CB than we do those positions.

I think we sign an OG in FA, and I'm holding out hope Brown comes back.  I don't think Bruce or Gruden care about the RB position.  Or NT to be honest lol.  

On 3/5/2018 at 11:41 AM, Dashing202 said:

Ehh I'm not to high on him but in your opinion which round do you see him going ?.

I love DJ Moore. He catches everything, is fast and can play every wr position. With the signing of Paul Richardson, that probably takes us out of the drafting a WR early market. I don’t think we’ll draft him, Ridley or any of the other top Wrs in round 1 or 2 anymore but I think Moore, Chauk and Ridley are going to be studs 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think we sign an OG in FA, and I'm holding out hope Brown comes back.  I don't think Bruce or Gruden care about the RB position.  Or NT to be honest lol.  

I hope your last two points aren’t correct, but I’m afraid they are. I’m going to be an upset turtle if we don’t upgrade the NT & RB positions this offseason in FA or the draft.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, MikeT14 said:

The Redskins should, worst case, take a QB in rounds 5 or later or bring one or two in from UDFA

Lauletta, Mike White or Riley Ferguson in round 4 or later would make me happy. We can develop them under Alex Smith for as long as he’s here.

19 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

In sabermetrics the second most important position on the team is the backup quarterback- who will be the starter in 19 as Taylor is on a one year deal , but Barkley will be hard to pass on . I heard caserky say Gibbs felt the same way too

Well they obviously can take Barkley #1, and the best available QB at 4 who could be Darnold, Josh Allen or Rosen. Or, they could wait until round 2 and take a qb to develop behind Tyrod.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:39 AM, lavar703 said:

I think I've got my top 5 of what I think will be available to:

1.Daron Payne 

2.Derwin James

3.Derrius Guice

4.Orlando Brown

5.Calvin Ridley

I just don't see Vea being there. Smith and Edmunds will both be gone as well. 

I like your list, im not sure about Orlando Brown though.

I also think it’s very possible that Vea, Smith or Edmunds will be available when we pick. Teams in front of us have qb needs and other different needs than us. Barkley, Chubb and Nelson will all go top 10.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So what do we do at ILB, OG, NT and RB? We definitely have more talent at CB than we do those positions.

I can go either way on this. I hope we’ll still sign DRC and re-sign Brown. If we do that then I hope we just take BPA in round 1 and 2. Hopefully that is Payne or Vea and one of the RBs in round 2. 

I still think we sign a good LG but we don’t go out and pay for one of the most expensive OGs available.

If they don't bring back one of the in-house options, I'd love to see Alex Boone brought in as that LG. I can't say why he has poor ratings from last season in AZ, but I loved him back in SF. He was a versatile, big nasty... and might be relatively cheap enough. 

9 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

If they don't bring back one of the in-house options, I'd love to see Alex Boone brought in as that LG. I can't say why he has poor ratings from last season in AZ, but I loved him back in SF. He was a versatile, big nasty... and might be relatively cheap enough. 

I’d be on board. I think it was more the players around Boone on the OL who were poor last year rather than him. They had issues at LT, C, and RT.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d be on board. I think it was more the players around Boone on the OL who were poor last year rather than him. They had issues at LT, C, and RT.

yeah, could be. I have seen good OL suffer by having to overcompensate on weaker players around them. :) 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Lauletta, Mike White or Riley Ferguson in round 4 or later would make me happy. We can develop them under Alex Smith for as long as he’s here.

Lauletta will be gone by the end of the 3rd. I'm sure of that.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I love DJ Moore. He catches everything, is fast and can play every wr position. With the signing of Paul Richardson, that probably takes us out of the drafting a WR early market. I don’t think we’ll draft him, Ridley or any of the other top Wrs in round 1 or 2 anymore but I think Moore, Chauk and Ridley are going to be studs 

If we sign Poe, I think we can trade back and pick up a WR as well as a RB. I think Moore, Chaulk or Ridley would be instant #1's for us and with Richardson signed, we would be good at WR

I think drafting Jackson in the second would be good for us . We haven't had consistent qb play in a long time . And if smith sucks or leaves than we have a talented young qb at the helm. It'd save us the trouble from ever drafting a qb so early .

Thats my opinion .. if we sign DRC and Brown back than I say go QB. To me Gruden will probably sign Jeremy Hill and roll with Thompson and Perine .

first round probably will be DL or James if we sorta fill up our need in free agency.

Archived