2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

Becton's weight issue case is just to keep maintaining right size because he did lose some athleticism/movement when he gained some weight. He lost some weight and moved better last year.   NFL teams aren't going to ask him to shim down to get under 350.  Just don't over-weigh the acceptable limit. 

Joe Douglas talked about a several positions than Edge are considered as deep classes.  K'Lavon Chaisson  may be a super sleeper pick for JD in 1st. 

Edited by JetsandI

I have the Giants taking Wirf too. I think they are drumming up a trade for Tua with the QB talk. Lions might take Wirf but I think they REALLY want to trade back big time. 

I also would be very mad if we took Becton at 11. I'm not a fan of his and I don't see anything special. Big deal he is a work out warrior. There are always a few of these guys in every draft and the majority are bust. Becton will be a best as a G and struggle as a T. I think he will get beat too many times because he plays up too high. These smaller guys will beat him up on the edge and the bull rushers will knock him on is backside. Once you get these 270-290 pound guys getting under them it is over. I look at it as Big 3 not 4. I would take Cleveland, Jones and Jackson over Becton. I think you will see this on draft day too. The failed drug test did not help either. I had Becton in lower to end of the first. Now I see him in the upper to mid second round. 

A few things to consider on draft eve: 

• The Jets want to make a trade to acquire more picks. Where it happens, unsure, but Douglas has made it clear that he feels the draft can go from good to great in day 3. He's going to want to get as many swings as possible. If all 4 of the "top OTs" go in the top 10, I think he'll find a team that wants to trade up for a WR. If he can't find a team to trade, I would imagine he goes with Henry Ruggs. But know this: Douglas is looking to acquire more picks, so anything is possible on draft day. One thing to consider regarding the OTs: there may be information that we don't know about (injury) that could swing the Jets decision one way or another. Otherwise, I think that's the clear selection if one of the 4 is available. 
  • Four programs that the Jets front office have deep ties with: Notre Dame, Alabama, Penn State, Louisiana Tech. Whether we see it come to fruition in the form of players drafted from those teams on draft day is unclear, but the front office certainly has deep ties with those programs. 
  • The Jets front office often selects players from the PAC12. I'm not saying this will occur on draft day, but it's something to look out for. All our top execs have a deep history of selecting PAC12 players, just not from a specific program. 
  • Joe Douglas will draft guys from small school programs. Douglas has always done this, but I think he'll especially take advantage this year. With the lack of pro days and whatnot, he'll take advantage of value as teams opt to select player's from bigger programs where more info is plentiful. He'll rely on the tape. 

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

A few things to consider on draft eve: 

• The Jets want to make a trade to acquire more picks. Where it happens, unsure, but Douglas has made it clear that he feels the draft can go from good to great in day 3. He's going to want to get as many swings as possible. If all 4 of the "top OTs" go in the top 10, I think he'll find a team that wants to trade up for a WR. If he can't find a team to trade, I would imagine he goes with Henry Ruggs. But know this: Douglas is looking to acquire more picks, so anything is possible on draft day. One thing to consider regarding the OTs: there may be information that we don't know about (injury) that could swing the Jets decision one way or another. Otherwise, I think that's the clear selection if one of the 4 is available. 
  • Four programs that the Jets front office have deep ties with: Notre Dame, Alabama, Penn State, Louisiana Tech. Whether we see it come to fruition in the form of players drafted from those teams on draft day is unclear, but the front office certainly has deep ties with those programs. 
  • The Jets front office often selects players from the PAC12. I'm not saying this will occur on draft day, but it's something to look out for. All our top execs have a deep history of selecting PAC12 players, just not from a specific program. 
  • Joe Douglas will draft guys from small school programs. Douglas has always done this, but I think he'll especially take advantage this year. With the lack of pro days and whatnot, he'll take advantage of value as teams opt to select player's from bigger programs where more info is plentiful. He'll rely on the tape. 

Hard to pin on certain prospects but why the hell not.

#1-  Agreed.

#2- L'Jarius Sneed.  Picked him over his teammate Amik Robertson because of size and ability to play all spots in DB.  KJ Hamler if no Ruggs.

#3- Austin Jackson

#4- I like Mason Kinsey but Alex Taylor makes sense here.

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

The entire NFL is literally trying to trade up as far as the 3rd overall pick for the offensive tackles yet the majority of our fan base wants a wide receiver no matter what. Shaking my head. 

Because it be a dumb move for a team with as many holes as we have to do. Stay at 11 take an OT if one of the 4 falls if not take Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs and use the rest of the draft capital to take shots at other positions we need